Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a barbers

Options
  • 15-02-2015 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Got stung yesterday, it was my first time getting a haircut in Limerick, new to the city so it was a learning exercise.

I went to a place called blades on Thomas street, didn't see a price list as I was walking into it. Got the impression once inside that it would be pricey but €18 for a dry cut is a joke, and not a funny one either. I was able to get a good haircut for €9 in Dublin!

Can anyone recommend a not too expensive barbers for future reference.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

who_ru wrote: »
    Hi.

Got stung yesterday, it was my first time getting a haircut in Limerick, new to the city so it was a learning exercise.

I went to a place called blades on Thomas street, didn't see a price list as I was walking into it. Got the impression once inside that it would be pricey but €18 for a dry cut is a joke, and not a funny one either. I was able to get a good haircut for €9 in Dublin!

Can anyone recommend a not too expensive barbers for future reference.

Cheers.

Ali's up the street does cheap haircuts but their haircuts are hit and miss.

Limerick is awash with barbers lately so have a look around.

Ali's up the street does cheap haircuts but their haircuts are hit and miss.

Limerick is awash with barbers lately so have a look around.

Agree with this. Every new business is a cash for gold, kebab shop or barbers these day's.

I'd often use Boston barbers in the crescent. Happy enough with them but my hair cut is as basic and simple as they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

Agree with this. Every new business is a cash for gold, kebab shop or barbers these day's.

I'd often use Boston barbers in the crescent. Happy enough with them but my hair cut is as basic and simple as they get.

Oscars in the parkway shopping centre or William street barber shop

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭supermommy

cronin_j wrote: »
    Oscars in the parkway shopping centre or William street barber shop

I take my boys to Oscars, they are brilliant! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

There's a nice barbers on Quin Street, just off O'Connell Avenue.
    They charge me €11 for a haircut and she gives you a good cut.

I was seconded to Limerick for 8 months that's how I know about that place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Went there for the first time recently as they are open on a Sunday. My god it was busy though. Queue out the door. I procrastinated for about an hour before going back. Haircut was decent enough. I think it was around 18 euros. I think it was 10 for just a buzz cut.

Went there for the first time recently as they are open on a Sunday. My god it was busy though. Queue out the door. I procrastinated for about an hour before going back. Haircut was decent enough. I think it was around 18 euros. I think it was 10 for just a buzz cut.

Depends on what time you go in. I try get in early in the morning to avoid the crowds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Not sure what its called, but think it Max Barbers.. its on the roundabout by the kilmurry Lodge, across the road from the burger place. Few Eastern European ladies work there. Great cut and service imo and as its a little off the main road, its never overly busy

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭his_dudeness

Jonnys out in UL do one for 12.50, and you get your moneys worth for it! They take their time with it and put in plenty of effort. Plus it's cheaper than their place on the Kilmurray roundabout, which was my previous regular.

Advertisement