Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snowbombing road trip 2014

• 09-01-2014 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

How's it going
    Just booked my snowbombing festival for April..signed upto the road trip aswell just wondering if any other irish ppl are going!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Have gone twice - it's brilliant. You'll have a great time!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 willya

Well worth the trip, even if just for Hans the Butcher!
    Make sure you book any of the extra events in advance.
    Epic trip... enjoy

Yeah definitely book in advance. The artic disco at night is one of the best I think. Bring some gear to dress up in as well - you'll look out of place if you dont.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 more57

Yea it looks deadly! Have any of u done the road trip?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

more57 wrote: »
    Yea it looks deadly! Have any of u done the road trip?

No but the event itself is epic! Have a new liver and an extra week of work booked you will need them!!

How does the road trip work?? Is it an organised coach??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

that looks deadly craic , well worth it for the Dub Pistols alone!
    and the chemical brothers!
    i want to go now :)

Fattes wrote: »
    No but the event itself is epic! Have a new liver and an extra week of work booked you will need them!!

How does the road trip work?? Is it an organised coach??

It's a drive from London to Austria! 150 cars! I don't know what I got myself in for!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 willya

Enjoy it man, and as Fattes says plan some days to recover after it.

It's a drive from London to Austria! 150 cars! I don't know what I got myself in for!

Carnage it is a super week, bring fancy dress, duct tape and wd40 probably an adrenalin pen too just in case!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

lotto just done ,
    if i get a few numbers ill join the fun :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Heading over with 11 other souls. All snowboarding/skiing noobs!

Should be mad craic!

Difficult environment to learn how to ski/snowboard. You'll be out partying till 3am and then up on the slopes falling on your ass all day. You'll have the craic but it wont be as easy as if you had a bit of experience.

Enjoy!

You'll be out partying till 3am and then up on the slopes falling on your ass all day

Sounds like every first time ski/board holiday ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JohnJoeLeJuene

Going and Roadtripping from Dublin Dude! Any plans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

Spin1038 have just tweeted that they're running a comp for tickets for this. Might be slightly easier than winning the Lotto??! ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

GrumPy wrote: »
    Heading over with 11 other souls. All snowboarding/skiing noobs!

Should be mad craic!

Funny, this sounds a lot like my own group...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭maracas

(9 of us going just booked tickets today!!

Seems to be a old amount of irish going! Can't wait for it now! Any good ideas where to get cheap but decent ski gear I have none!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

Directski doing a trip fpr 600 yoyos flights acc and transfers,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Seems to be a old amount of irish going! Can't wait for it now! Any good ideas where to get cheap but decent ski gear I have none!

I'm going to buy from SportsDirect, sticking to the Dare2B brand of budget ski gear :D

• Advertisement

I'm going to buy from SportsDirect, sticking to the Dare2B brand of budget ski gear :D

Yea im thinking of buyin cheap but i keep looking at the helly hansen gear the shops in dublin are very expensive !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

Yea im thinking of buyin cheap but i keep looking at the helly hansen gear the shops in dublin are very expensive !

Try TK Maxx for your salopettes, jacket & gloves, and Mountain Warehouse for everything else. You can also buy jacket & yrousers there too, they have some great sales, and an extra 10% off if you register online. A lot of places are running low on ski gear at this stage, so get shopping! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 richiebox

Heading on the road trip myself with a mate....gonna be a quality set of 10 days!!

Advertisement