Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling all devs!

Options
  • 17-09-2012 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭

This might sound completely stupid but is it possible for a dev to combine normal texts, facebook chat, viber, whatsapp and webtext into a single app with e.g. send via dialogue? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

How much?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ultimate cabbage already does a good job at combining texts and webtexts.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I guess you mean on app that will a user will type the message in, select the recipient and then press send and the app will then send it to that recipient on all fronts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

draffodx wrote: »
    ... on all fronts?

Please no.. just no. :(

I use a few messaging apps and I know some of my contacts who would use this. Imagine getting a text, webtext, whatsapp, viber, skype etc... all of the same message? Head melting.

I'm guessing the OP wants it so that when you click send, it asks you which app to send via (only one).

Please no.. just no. :(

I use a few messaging apps and I know some of my contacts who would use this. Imagine getting a text, webtext, whatsapp, viber, skype etc... all of the same message? Head melting.

Don't worry, its not possible anyway!
    I'm guessing the OP wants it so that when you click send, it asks you which app to send via (only one).

Android already provides this functionality out of the box if you use the native SMS app.

• Advertisement

With android... anything is possible! ;)
    draffodx wrote: »
    Android already provides this functionality out of the box if you use the native SMS app.

It does?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It does?

When I click on the "Message" icon after selecting a contact, it asks me what I want to use.

It does?

Yes, write an SMS, hit send and a pop up appears offering you the choice to send it via whatever app is registered for that content.

Thanks draffodx. Don't seem to be able to figure this one!
    I've cleared the defaults and restarted and when I open the native sms app and click send, it just sends. Doesn't ask me which app to send with.

As per what Dravokivich says, if I click the message icon beside a contacts name, it asks which app I want to use alright.

Thanks guys. DOn't seem to be able to figure this one!
    I've cleared the defaults and restarted and when I open the native sms app and click send, it just sends. Doesn't ask me which app to send with.

If I click the message icon beside a contacts name, it asks which app I want to use alright.

Ah maybe that's the way it is, I only use the SMS app, no others installed so might have described it a bit wrong, my apologies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement