Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 things...

Options
  • 16-09-2012 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,
    I'm looking for:
    • a customisable lockscreen where I can have "if found, please contact" details, so if an honest John finds my phone they know where to return it, without being able to snoop through the phone.
    • A calendar where I can search events months and years prior. I use jorte at the moment, but the search isn't searching properly. I've all events on my google calendar so need a way to search these.

Any suggestions appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,960 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I don't know which version of Android you have, but mine (4.0.3) has a customisable lock screen as you describe. It's under Settings / Security, set up Screen Lock and Owner Info.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'm only on 2.3 Gingerbread, custom ROM by MildWild I'm afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Kind of solved the lockscreen issue by getting a security app, I can display a message to the finder. Otherwise, it might be an idea to slip contact details in with the battery incase the phone happens to turn off.

Any suggestions on a decent calendar app, or how to get Jorte to recognise all previous events from the start?

Advertisement