Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese at UCC

Options
  • 21-10-2007 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭

Thinking of doing commerce with chinese at UCC next year, Wonder how people have found studying the language there so far.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭lovetwix

Personally, I won't suggest go for chinese at UCC, the staff there are not very friendly and lectures are crap..

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

lovetwix wrote: »
    Personally, I won't suggest go for chinese at UCC, the staff there are not very friendly and lectures are crap..

Expand a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Yes please do, I also intend to do commerce with it, do you know if we just join the main commerce group for those lectures or what

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

1huge1 wrote: »
    Yes please do, I also intend to do commerce with it, do you know if we just join the main commerce group for those lectures or what

As far as I know you would be in with the other commerce people for those lectures, along with the Commerce + French people etc.

In fairness if you want to start a little bit chinese, their language course is not too bad, i know a few lads from there, they are not specialize in teaching chinese language, but they're very nice and doing a quite good job.

But never seriously thinking on their commerce course, yon can't expect to learn much from a lecturer with very little business background, NO..it's not like teaching a language.

Their exchange programe is also very disappointing, you will be assigned to a university where most chinese don't even bother going..

Having business with China is certainly a hot topic, but the institute of chinese studies in UCC is too new to deliver a quality education, just wait...believe me..it's not the right time yet..

• Advertisement

Ya but all the other chinese courses in ireland are generally new aswell, and by the time I reach 3rd year 2010-2011 hopefully they will have sorted out the year abroad.

Thanks for the input but I really have my heart set on it.

ya.. you may try it out.. they are in contact with some good chinese univ though.. hopefully it will get better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 randomcorkgirl

lovetwix wrote: »
    ya.. you may try it out.. they are in contact with some good chinese univ though.. hopefully it will get better.
    I think the chinese lectures are awsome they are friendly and helpful
    喂。我的名字是尼克。我喜欢学习中文

actually didn't end up in that course in the end, business(commerce) and german instead and love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 randomcorkgirl

well done and good luck in the rest of it! just looked at the date on posts there lol!

• Advertisement
Advertisement