Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Help in finding my Biological Father.

Options
  • 23-04-2014 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am trying to find a man which I am told only recently is my biological father. His name is Diarmuid Kennedy Mc Mahon/ Mc Manus. Could be any of these. My birth Cert hasn't got his name, thats why I'm not 100% sure on the name. I was born in Holles st Hospital in 1975. He was in Dublin and was about 27 at that time. He was a poet/writer then, (you'd have to love the 70's) about 6 foot, Dark hair with piercing blue eyes. Not alot to go on, but this could be your Dad, brother, friend. I'm not looking for anything only a part of myself. I've three kids now with piercing blue eyes. He was in Davy Byrnes, Nearys, i'd say all the pubs around that area in Town. I've done alot of searching on line, even phoning the pubs but with no luck. Please help if you can and thanks for taking the time to read this post. Donna X

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭tyview

Donna75 wrote: »
    I am trying to find a man which I am told only recently is my biological father. His name is Diarmuid Kennedy Mc Mahon/ Mc Manus. Could be any of these. My birth Cert hasn't got his name, thats why I'm not 100% sure on the name. I was born in Holles st Hospital in 1975. He was in Dublin and was about 27 at that time. He was a poet/writer then, (you'd have to love the 70's) about 6 foot, Dark hair with piercing blue eyes. Not alot to go on, but this could be your Dad, brother, friend. I'm not looking for anything only a part of myself. I've three kids now with piercing blue eyes. He was in Davy Byrnes, Nearys, i'd say all the pubs around that area in Town. I've done alot of searching on line, even phoning the pubs but with no luck. Please help if you can and thanks for taking the time to read this post. Donna X

Hi Donna,
    Firstly you need to try and clarfy the name so you can work forward. A quick look online and I can see a birth record which may or may not be the right one but worth checking

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/F1DZ-MMK

Its a birth record for a Dermot Mcm Kennedy, born Quater 3 (jul-sep) 1949 in Mayo, mothers maiden name mcdermott.

I just did a quick search so you may find more possible ones. His birth should be one there if he was born in Ireland before 1958. Best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Donna75

Thanks a million tyview. Looks promising but there is no way I can clarify the name. I will look more into the Birth record you found for me. I'm just starting out on this journey. Thanks again Donna.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭tyview

Donna75 wrote: »
    Thanks a million tyview. Looks promising but there is no way I can clarify the name. I will look more into the Birth record you found for me. I'm just starting out on this journey. Thanks again Donna.

No worries, just try following it forward. If you order a research cert in the GRO that might have the full 'mcm' part on it. It would also give parents names and you might be lucky with an obituary online for one of them. fingers crossed anyway, and then look for marriage cert for dermot/diarmuid. Best of luck anyway. I can remember doing my search with only a name and its though going

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Donna75

Ah your as good tyview. I'll do all that. I hope you were fruitful in your search. Reading some of the posts here I'm trying not to get to excited. x

Advertisement