Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

educate.ie project maths solutions

Options
  • 16-04-2014 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi guys... I'm looking for the educate.ie solutions for Sample 2, Paper 1 Q7..... Sample 4, Paper 1 (all of the paper) and also Sample 4 Paper 2 (all of the paper) Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

You mean off someone who bought the solutions?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 irishlassy1

Moody_mona wrote: »
    You mean off someone who bought the solutions?

Well I'm not sure perhaps they're available on some other website I just can't find them. I mean the papers say free solutions online but I can't seem to find them anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭lostatsea

You can buy them off educate.ie for a small fee - well worth it. They are not free.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

are the educate.ie sample papers harder than the edco ones? Freaking out at how tough the educate.ie ones are in comparison to edco. if june is like the educate.ie ones i am fcuked

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

LoveLamps wrote: »
    are the educate.ie sample papers harder than the edco ones? Freaking out at how tough the educate.ie ones are in comparison to edco. if june is like the educate.ie ones i am fcuked

I think they're both pretty spot on. Some of the Context and Application questions in the educate ones are woeful though. There was one question on heart pressure or something along those lines that was impossible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭lostatsea

thelad95 wrote: »
    I think they're both pretty spot on. Some of the Context and Application questions in the educate ones are woeful though. There was one question on heart pressure or something along those lines that was impossible.

That question on the blood pressure is a great question. You think it is hard at the beginning but when you see the solution you see how easy it is. You just need to get over the initial fear.

That's what I liked about the educate.ie papers when I did my LC last year. You think starting out they are going to be impossible. But once you get into them they are pretty straight forward.

Once I got to the actual paper in June I found it so easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 yeyeye

You can buy them off www.educateplus.ie they're good i got them the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 indecisive18

For the educate.ie solutions, can you download them or can you only read them from the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

For the educate.ie solutions, can you download them or can you only read them from the internet?

Read only off internet. If you get on to them they may send you a written copy if they have any spares. They are very useful - I just found the print quite small and you can't really zoom in. Worth the 8euro though!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TheEdgeofGlory

d1234 wrote: »
    Read only off internet. If you get on to them they may send you a written copy if they have any spares. They are very useful - I just found the print quite small and you can't really zoom in. Worth the 8euro though!

I just bought a set of Junior Cert Maths papers solutions, and while the solutions seem pretty good, I can't seem to access notes or the other resources stated with purchase?. Do you know if that's all you get?.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

d1234 wrote: »
    I just found the print quite small and you can't really zoom in. Worth the 8euro though!

Same. It's the only complaint I have about them. Sometimes I can't make out some numbers and letters. Especially when it's a power or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

I just bought a set of Junior Cert Maths papers solutions, and while the solutions seem pretty good, I can't seem to access notes or the other resources stated with purchase?. Do you know if that's all you get?.

I got the leaving cert solutions and that's literally all I got. Maybe it's different though for the junior cert. Perhaps send them an e-mail? Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

All the solutions are also available at www.examinations.ie under the marking schemes. Sometimes they may skip some steps, but so do the ones you pay for as well. I've actually seen the same errors on both, so these highly paid for answers have also been copied from the free marking schemes. What's worse is, I have an older copy that my sister bought and I obviously know it doesn't have the most resent exams, but now even the older exams are useless, because the codes expire! So, it's bad enough you pay good money for a book that doesn't give you the answers and you can only get the answers on-line for about 1-2 years. Save your money and use the free marking schemes!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

SeamusFX wrote: »
    All the solutions are also available at www.examinations.ie under the marking schemes. Sometimes they may skip some steps, but so do the ones you pay for as well. I've actually seen the same errors on both, so these highly paid for answers have also been copied from the free marking schemes. What's worse is, I have an older copy that my sister bought and I obviously know it doesn't have the most resent exams, but now even the older exams are useless, because the codes expire! So, it's bad enough you pay good money for a book that doesn't give you the answers and you can only get the answers on-line for about 1-2 years. Save your money and use the free marking schemes!

These are sample papers created by a company. The SEC don't have solutions to them.

For SEC papers including the 2014 sample, studentxpress is really good. It's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭KetchupKid

Well the historical examination answers found on the marking schemes are as good as the EDCO examination papers. The marking schemes have all the answers and in some cases they even includes the full solutions. EDCOs are suppose to include the full solutions, but they also skip some critical steps sometimes, not really worth buying, since you can get all the previous exams and marking schemes for free at http://examinations.ie

Advertisement