Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fascia and Soffit

Options
  • 13-04-2011 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a company in the Thurles area (or thereabouts anyway) for replacing fasica and soffits etc?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BOND747

Iv dealt with Conor Davis from clonmel a couple of times, he done a good job and wasn't bad on price either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

Bresnan Aluminium in Bansha, couldn't recommended them enough

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Dragging up an old thread but what kind of price is on a gutter replacement,back one only?
    Had a quote of 200 but that seems excessive to me....

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭alan27

guy in carrick-on-suir is great, travels all over. I can pm details.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

dahat wrote: »
    Dragging up an old thread but what kind of price is on a gutter replacement,back one only?
    Had a quote of 200 but that seems excessive to me....

That doesn't sound excessive to me if it's being done by a reputable contractor.

There's a good few hours work in it, he doesn't get the materials for free and he has to pay his insurance, etc before he makes a bob for himself.

If you think it's too expensive then go to the local hardware place, buy all the stuff you need plus get scaffolding / ladders as required and see if you and a mate can do it any cheaper.

If it's someone on the dole doing it as an arse-pocket nixer and you have to supply everything then he's taking you for a ride alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

If you're good at DIY and it's safe to do so definetly have a go at doing it yourself. It'll work out a lot cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Ammobear

alan27 wrote: »
    guy in carrick-on-suir is great, travels all over. I can pm details.

Can you pm his details?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 momar

I need the soffit replaced on my house in Clonmel. Can anyone suggest a reliable and experienced tradesperson to do that job, please. I notice all the comments on this thread are old, so I'm after some up to date info, please

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭jimmydkid

momar wrote: »
    I need the soffit replaced on my house in Clonmel. Can anyone suggest a reliable and experienced tradesperson to do that job, please. I notice all the comments on this thread are old, so I'm after some up to date info, please

I think Conor Davis still does it , he is based in the Clonmel area. Nice guy to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 2 momar

I'll give him a call. Thanks Jimmythekid.

• Advertisement
Advertisement