Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sick of opera, what browse to use?

Options
  • 16-09-2012 8:11am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Two things in opera annoy me - the inability to clear a Google search result and the fact that Google images no longer works. I need a new browser that supports tabs and embedded YouTube clips. Chrome doesn't work on my tablet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Haven't a tablet, so can't say whether or not quick ICS browser will work on it.

I've found it to be quickest and best browser after trying many many alternatives.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Ghandee wrote: »
    Haven't a tablet, so can't say whether or not quick ICS browser will work on it.

I've found it to be quickest and best browser after trying many many alternatives.

Looks pretty good so far. It seems to handle the cool vid forum well in any case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Have you tried Dolphin? I'm using it for ages. It's a fully functional browser, lots of add-ons for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

I use Boat Browser. It's can handle flash and youtube videos. No problems looking through the cvpl forum with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,848 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

+1 for Dolphin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I like Opera, tried Dolphin but hated it. Chrome is best the alternative IMO.

A phone browser should be fast and stable above all else and Opera and Chrome are the only two phone browsers I've seen that can meet this requirement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

+1 for Boat. Only used it for a few days but so far, so good. Quicker than Opera, doesn't crash like Chrome did on my phone. Just moved from Dolphin, the only thing that annoyed me about that was loading boards, you would often have to scroll up before anything would appear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭smilerf

Boat browser is the best

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I used to use Dolphin but just didn't love it for some reason I can't quite remember.

Has anyone done a good comparison of Maxthon, Quick ICS and Boat?

• Advertisement
Advertisement