Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Upgrade to android 2.2 on samsung galaxy europa

• 30-11-2010 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭

hi, i have a samsung galaxy europa phone with android os 2.1 installed.
    how do i go about upgrading to 2.2.
    is there a website that shows you how to do this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Hi thebourke,

Froyo isn't ready for the i5500 range yet but it's happening very soon. There are rumours of it coming out when the Galaxy S gets froyo. Other rumours suggest it was released yesterday in a firmware update BUT it is encoded. Noone knows, but Samsung did recently say this:

http://www.facebook.com/SamsungMobileGlobal/posts/146560175392627
    Hi Renato !! The Froyo upgrade will be available via the newly upgraded Kies and will soon be rolling out worldwide. We will be sure to update you as more information becomes available. Thank you for your patience.

We'll get it soon anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭thebourke

thanks, do they have to develop a different version for every model of phone out there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Loaded Froyo on mine last night
    Its a Latin American version but works fine with Irish phone
    Going to test it now today as it was late when I did it last night (morning)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭pinkyc

How is it? No Flash 10 makes me sad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cy

After getting different answers on every website I checked I contacted Samsung directly.
    Looks like unless you bought a phone over €400 they won't bother with updates for you
    Thank you for contacting Samsung and I have pleasure in providing the
    following assistance.

Regarding your inquiry, kindly note that I’m afraid we do not have any information on whether there will be an
    upgrade for this phone model; however please stay in check with our website for news on any future
    upgrades.

If you require any further assistance, please contact Samsung again and
    we will be more than happy to help.

Anyone got any ideas on how to root and manually update?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 tommyc1v

If you install Kies on your pc there is an auto (frimware) update in the tools (i think) menu

think I've covered all bases here :)

tommyc1v wrote: »
    If you install Kies on your pc there is an auto (frimware) update in the tools (i think) menu

think I've covered all bases here :)

To install Kies simply search it on google and go to the Samsung website link-

Install and follow instructions...

Oh, and if you find that your keyboard repeatedly fails when you upgrade, mine did -

-perform a factory reset, backup all your contacts before you do this

Advertisement