Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropping to pass (german)

Options
  • 18-05-2010 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm thinking about dropping to pass german. How does this work? Do I just take the pass paper on the day? How is my oral affected or how does that work?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭fauxshow

The oral is a ''common level'' exam to accommodate for the fact that some students might decide to drop to pass. Yep as far as I know you just let the examiner know on the day you've decided to do ordinary level. Maybe ask your teacher about it? Unless you failed your mock badly, like below 30%, I'd say if you've made it this far you may as well attempt the honours, a D3 at honours will be worth more points to you than a B in pass! Good luck anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

Thanks.

Well I'm already on my study leave break so I can't ask any teachers. So on the day I just say that to the examiner and they will definitely have a spare copy of the pass paper yeah?

There's nothing else I have to do/sign/etc?

Oh and yeah I've already decided I'm repeating my LC, so I'm just gonna pass german this year and get it out of the way for next year, not going to bother counting it.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

I heard they always have extra copies of pass papers because they know people drop down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I do OL German and did HL until the mocks. My advice to you would be to drop down ASAP because you definitely need to practice the paper and get used to the format of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

Yeah I bought the exam papers today, going to open them later...

So all I have to do is ask for an ordinary paper one on the day? That simple?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

!!! wrote: »
    Yeah I bought the exam papers today, going to open them later...

So all I have to do is ask for an ordinary paper one on the day? That simple?

Thanks.

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

unknown13 wrote: »
    I do OL German and did HL until the mocks. My advice to you would be to drop down ASAP because you definitely need to practice the paper and get used to the format of it.

Yeah, first time I looked at it I thought I'd never manage to get all that done in the time, but I love OL German, its soooooo easy. Picked German up start of 5th year, got 69 in the mocks, delighted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

the first time i did my leaving i did higher german and dropped on the day, pass was so easy, i ended up getting an A1 in it, if you have any knowledge of german at all youll do very well

Advertisement