Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are sky still doing the FTV card..?

Options
  • 24-01-2005 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Could someone please tell me are sky still doing the FTV card for £20 as I was gonna ring them up tomorrow for it coz my brothers after getting a UK address.
    tnx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

cupthehand wrote:
    Could someone please tell me are sky still doing the FTV card for £20 as I was gonna ring them up tomorrow for it coz my brothers after getting a UK address.
    tnx

AFAIK yes, good luck with that

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

Just rang Sky there.....all they wanted was the address and my credit card details no serial no's of boxes or anything like that simple and extremely straight forward really took all of two mins :D
    Girl said I should have the card at the UK address in 3-5 working days so next week rool on ITV Channel 4 etc...! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

You will have to ring again to activate the card when it arrives. At this stage they will ask for your box number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭sergeant121

+44 870 606 1111

Thanks lads will keep ye posted as to my progress
    is it just the serial no. of the box that they'll want?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Macy

cupthehand wrote:
    Thanks lads will keep ye posted as to my progress
    is it just the serial no. of the box that they'll want?
    And the version number as well.

Alrite lads card arrived this mornin and rang SKY got the card activated it kicked in there a few hours ago but still no sign of ITV 1, Channel 4 or Channel 5 -channels 103-105- yet?Others ITV 2 BBC 1 etc working perfectly....wats the story with the others will they be on soon enough too?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭shinobi

Try Disconnecting the box from the mains with the FTV card inserted Plug back in the mains & give it a few minutes to refresh. Sometimes that works.

shinobi wrote:
    Try Disconnecting the box from the mains with the FTV card inserted Plug back in the mains & give it a few minutes to refresh. Sometimes that works.

Just tried that there no luck :(
    epg reads...

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

It can take up to 24 hours for all the chanels to come through. You should not really be disconnecting the box or taking the card out until all channels have come through. If you tune in those missing channels through other channels, you will find that you will be able to view them there.

• Advertisement

thanks for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Yes, it would be important to leave the card in the box for upto 24 hours until you get all the channels and not swap it with your Irish Sub card (if applicable)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭arkles

services/add channels, 10906 v 22.0 5/6 "G54" will give u itv while u wait

HAPPY 2005

just woke up this mornin and low and behold all channels have come thru so heres to PROPER multi Channel viewing eh!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭gafarrell

cupthehand wrote:
    tnx

What is an FTV card?.. Do this mean that we can get ITv and channel 4 etc through a Sky digibox?

Sorry for been so stupid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Ulsterman 1690

Yes and it gets channel five as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

are itv ch4 etc free to air chanells? if so should i be able to get them with my skystar 2 pci card and on the lidl reciever?
    As it is it kind off isnt great, not many good chanells tbh (on the astra sat at 28 degrees) i do like the extreme sports chanell thou.

Jozi

Neither of these channels are Free to Air. Yet. So you wont be able to pick them up on a Skystar, you will need a FTV card and a Sky box (as described)

ITV, to most peoples opinions, are going FTA, but no news to confirm that they are is expected before April. Channel 4 is different, they did sign a long term encryption deal, but they are making noises that they will make E4 FTA before the end of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Macy

jozi wrote:
    are itv ch4 etc free to air chanells? if so should i be able to get them with my skystar 2 pci card and on the lidl reciever?
    No they're Free To View, not Free To Air. You need a digibox and (FTV or ex UK Sub) card to see Free To View channels. Basically ITV1, ITV2, Ch4 and five are free, but encrypted.

gafarrell wrote:
    What is an FTV card?.. Do this mean that we can get ITv and channel 4 etc through a Sky digibox?

Sorry for been so stupid

No worries. An FTV (Free to view) card allows you to watch ITV, Channel 4 and five without the need for a subscription to Sky. They are obtainable from the UK, if you have a relative or contact as described here

There have been loads of threads on this in the past, my advice is to use the search facility here on boards.ie and use the term

FTV*

in the search box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭cullenswood

If I get one of those cards for £20 will I still be able to get the Irish channels (RTE, TV3 and TG4) with my Skybox??

Yes, once the card is activated, you can swap you existing Sky sub card around.

Just to make sure before I get one (where do I actually get one btw!)....if you want to watch RTE etc, you leave your ordinary Sky card in, but if you want to watch ITV or CH4 you simply take the card out and stick the other one in? Is there much of a delay when the new card goes in etc, or can you do it all in a matter of seconds?

Thanks in advance

It has been mentioned in this thread already how to get one, do read back. One thing is, you will need a UK address for Sky to send the card to. They will not deliver to an Irish address.

And indeed, that's how it works. Just swap the cards. Some people feel that if you swap the cards on a common channel to both cards (Sky News 501) it will make the changeover less noticeable.

NOTE: Don't go asking for FTV cards here on this forum, those posts are given short shrift.

DMC wrote:
    It has been mentioned in this thread already how to get one, do read back.

Wasn't sure what that number with nothing written beside it was about! :D:confused:

Thanks for the help

Advertisement