Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Se Xperia Z vs iPhone 5

Options
  • 10-07-2013 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭

I have decided to stick with android even though the Xperia Z is costing me e230 to buy on an 18 month contract vs a free iPhone. The iPhone was described as "boring" in comparison to the new gen android smartphones by staff of CPW. What do you think? Android or Iphone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

The_Mask wrote: »
    I have decided to stick with android even though the Xperia Z is costing me e230 to buy on an 18 month contract vs a free iPhone. The iPhone was described as "boring" in comparison to the new gen android smartphones by staff of CPW. What do you think? Android or Iphone?

Two completely different OS's, only way to tell which is best for you is to try both and pick which one suits your needs better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Agree with draffodx on this. Ive had both the iphones and the S3. Absolutely loved the S3 and all of the bells and whistles that it could do. However I switched back to the iphone 5 because its simple and does exactly what it says on the tin for me. Battery lasts 2 days, photos automatically backed up to icloud while charging. The S3 didnt do that so I switched. I still miss the S3. Screen resolution was fantastic, but like I said, the iphone 5 does what I need it to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

The xperia z is an awful brick of a thing IMO. If you could get a HTC One that would he a much nicer option.

Check them out in a shop first anyway before you do anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

photos automatically backed up to icloud while charging. The S3 didnt do that so I switched.

For the point above, apps like dropbox / Google + will backup your photos automatically on Android. This would work on the S3. I don't know much about iCloud but stuff like dropbox is handy. Accessible from different format phones / PCs etc.

For me (bearing in mind this is the Android forum) it's Android all the way. I just can't understand iPhones. I'm sure Android & iPhones can do all of the same stuff but to me iPhone seems super simple (too simple) in the interface and too complicated in other ways (having to root for an iPhone specific cable when it needs to be charged, not being able to pop into a PC and just copy files to it). The home screen on an iPhone looks to me like the app drawer on Android.

I'm sure if you post this on the Apple Devices forum you'll get a paragraph from somebody saying exactly the opposite :D

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The_Mask

Thanks for replys lads. I ll have to see what suits my needs, leanin towards experia Z tho.. it has a 13mp cam and possibly a high (64gb?) phone storage memory. Also i think iPhone is too commercial, Apple products are a rip off imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

Look at the Xperia T (meteor only I think) too before making final decision. Very similar specs to the Z (and both superior to the iPhone) and a lot cheaper.

I agree re the Z not looking the best, but that's mainly due to the size. Some people rave about it but the T looks better imo, or the HTC One as mentioned.

F.

Advertisement