Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Core issue

Options
  • 09-07-2013 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Is CPU IMAPX820 always a dual core?

And is TN LCD a good display on a tablet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. The company website says it has a dual core Cortex-A5 CPU and a dual-core Mali-400 GPU. When and how those resources are used is up to the OS.

A twisted nematic display isn't great, ideally you'd be looking for an IPS (in-plane switching) display. They're quite expensive though, and they generally wouldn't be found in budget handsets/tablets.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭LoveCoke

A tablet says it has a dual core, the box says CPU IMAPX820. i wondered if it is exactly the same model

t says it has an LCD capacitive multi touchscreen. Is that still bad if TN LCD?

LoveCoke wrote: »
    A tablet says it has a dual core, the box says CPU IMAPX820. i wondered if it is exactly the same model

I'm surprised they even state the SoC model on the box. There wouldn't be any reason to assume that the feature set of the chip wouldn't be different than what's on the spec sheet.
    t says it has an LCD capacitive multi touchscreen. Is that still bad if TN LCD?

A multi-touch capacitive touchscreen is standard nowadays, no matter what the price point. This refers to how many inputs can be processed by the TN display at any one time. TN, IPS etc refer to the technology used to make the panel. TN panels can have inferior viewing angles, poor contrast levels and generally do not perform well compared to IPS displays.

I wouldn't worry about the chipset tbh, the main issue for me would be build quality and reliability. Also, cheap tablets tend to come and go quickly. The best thing you could do is look out on here and other forums for budget tablets that a lot of people are giving feedback on. One such example is in Bargain Alerts, the spec looks good on paper anyway and the price looks very reasonable.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056973937

I'm surprised they even state the SoC model on the box. There wouldn't be any reason to assume that the feature set of the chip wouldn't be different than what's on the spec sheet.

A multi-touch capacitive touchscreen is standard nowadays, no matter what the price point. This refers to how many inputs can be processed by the TN display at any one time. TN, IPS etc refer to the technology used to make the panel. TN panels can have inferior viewing angles, poor contrast levels and generally do not perform well compared to IPS displays.

I wouldn't worry about the chipset tbh, the main issue for me would be build quality and reliability. Also, cheap tablets tend to come and go quickly. The best thing you could do is look out on here and other forums for budget tablets that a lot of people are giving feedback on. One such example is in Bargain Alerts, the spec looks good on paper anyway and the price looks very reasonable.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056973937
    what is soc. is that screen very bad? thanks

what is soc. is that screen very bad? thanks

SoC = System on Chip (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_on_a_chip)

I have no idea, you'd have to ask in the thread I linked to. There is also a review of the tablet in post #3 of that thread. As I said, the spec looks great for the price.

• Advertisement

ok why would someone want a screen they could see from an angle?

ok why would someone want a screen they could see from an angle?

Surely you've seen on cheaper LCD screens that if you turn it to the side or look at it from the bottom or top, the image can become washed-out, grainy, and generally much harder to see.

A screen with a better viewing angle will allow you to look at it from more angles (a tablet being a mobile device, obviously) or let others see what's on your display if you want to show them something.

Surely you've seen on cheaper LCD screens that if you turn it to the side or look at it from the bottom or top, the image can become washed-out, grainy, and generally much harder to see.

A screen with a better viewing angle will allow you to look at it from more angles (a tablet being a mobile device, obviously) or let others see what's on your display if you want to show them something.
    i have but for a tablet i will be reading and surfing and watching it frommin front will it matter? thanks

Advertisement