Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda data protection request. How long does it take?

Options
  • 30-01-2015 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi,

I'm in the process of submitting an an application for PR in New Zealand. After spending months collecting the stuff I need this week I just realized I need a Garda check (of sorts) even though I've never lived in the Republic of Ireland because I hold an Irish Passport.

The form I need is a Garda data protection request. On the form it says it can take up to 40 working days to process the request. I'm hoping it won't take that long, especially as there shouldn't be any record of me.

Has anyone sent off for a Data Protection Request and knows how long it took.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Well I know that Garda vetting for security work can take up to six weeks unless there is a job depending on it, but no gaurntee that that will speed it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Depends on how much data there is to collate.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Saintleger

Depends on how much data there is to collate.

Thanks for the reply. There should be nothing as I've never resided in the republic of Ireland

Advertisement