Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another rte player problem...

Options
  • 06-07-2013 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭

I have an s3 with flash installed and dolphin browser with flash enabled. I can visit tv3 player and it works fine however rte player wont play ball. When I visit it sets up to start playing, for a second the length of the video flashes up and then the video area goes black...and stays black.

It doesnt seem to be an issue with flash and as other players work fine and rte gives no flash related error message so I'm at a loss as to why rte player wont work. Anyone have any insight or faced and fixed the same issue ?

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

do you have adblock installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

deco nate wrote: »
    do you have adblock installed?

I did but I have uninstalled it now - no difference :(
    Is there anything else I can do ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

mmm,not sure maybe try restartin phone and try it.btw i have adblock on my note 2
    and i just go into settins and turn it off before
    usin rte on wifi,oh and im usin firefox
    if that is any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Thanks Deco Nate it won't see to play in firefox for me for some reason either. I just get a white page with links etc but none of them will play. Any other suggestions say the word :)

Captain Morgan thank you. I tried it and it worked. Id still love to get the proper page working though as the writing is bigger and its so much easier navigate . If you come across any fix let me know. Youre my tv expert this wk after finding bbc player stuff :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

OK, so I had the same, but just tried it with Adaway disabled.....

and now the normal player works.....but the Ads....they break your heart......

touch the screen and it opens up in another window to whatever product site is being advertised...like KBC Bank, or something....

It's AdAway was using, not AdBlock......none of them are available on Play anymore, AKAIK....

but if you go to http://f-droid.org/

AdAway is available, also F-droid app [f-droid is a Free and Open Source Software repository]

Anyway, the Player works on my S3, but if I want to look at live RTE, I go to www.aertv.ie...

I use Boat browser....

I am going to re-enable AdAway, and see what happens with the Player....

OK, done that, and it does not play....it obviously can't load the ads..........so no player!!!

I will leave AdAway on, I need it more than RTE anyway...but that is what I found.

Thanks to deco nate for suggesting this!!!!

I managed to solve this issue and get rte player working again. It required changing the host file.In my case I downloaded an app called Hosts Editor and it overwrote the file I think.

Advertisement