Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to make calls on Galaxy S3 but everything else works fine???

Options
  • 08-07-2013 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi,

All of a sudden my S3 stopped me from making calls out but everything else seems to work perfectly fine i.e. text messages in/out, phone calls in, web browsing, viber/skype etc/. When I try and make a call, it does not even connect and it just goes white for a split second and goes back to the dialing screen.

Has anyone encountered this problem or know a solution to this problem?? Please help. Thank you.

PS. The phone network is with Three.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

What have you tried so far? Power off/on? factory reset?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭x00065954

Tried turning on/off and also took the sim card out and back in again but still no result. I havnt restored it to factory settings because I have alot of data in my phone. However I will try that if no solution comes up but only as a last resort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

x00065954 wrote: »
    Tried turning on/off and also took the sim card out and back in again but still no result. I havnt restored it to factory settings because I have alot of data in my phone. However I will try that if no solution comes up but only as a last resort

Have you tried calling with an app such as viber?

Have you tried a different dialler app e.g. this?

Have you tried a different dialler app e.g. this?

Yep tried using Skype and Viber and they both worl perfectly fine. Its literally just calling out that it seems not working

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Have u paid your bill ?

Vego wrote: »
    Have u paid your bill ?

It doesnt even make the call. Usually it would say "you have no credit etc" but it doesnt even connect the call just a white screen and back to the dial up page. Also I am prepay

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

x00065954 wrote: »
    It doesnt even make the call. Usually it would say "you have no credit etc" but it doesnt even connect the call just a white screen and back to the dial up page. Also I am prepay

Did you buy the phone new or secondhand?

Sounds to me you bought off someone who didn't fulfill their contract

Chances are if you bought it second hand, it could (may not be!) be IMEI barred - sounds like what happens...

I worked in phone repair for a bit and I've seen a fair few, a lot of them you can still send texts even on, just no outgoing calls...

If you bought it new - back up your texts with SMS backup and restore from playstore, take your photos and videos off the SD card and factory reset that sucka...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

Fieldog wrote: »
    Did you buy the phone new or secondhand?

Sounds to me you bought off someone who didn't fulfill their contract

Chances are if you bought it second hand, it could (may not be!) be IMEI barred - sounds like what happens...

I worked in phone repair for a bit and I've seen a fair few, a lot of them you can still send texts even on, just no outgoing calls...

If you bought it new - back up your texts with SMS backup and restore from playstore, take your photos and videos off the SD card and factory reset that sucka...

How come it worked for a period. ..

according to the OP it "suddenly stopped working".

Would it have been imei blocked since it was bought, based on usage by the OP?

I'd say you're right though! !

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

I had a similar problem a few months ago. Factory resets, update software, etc. Nothing fixed it.

Ended up bring it back into eMobile and having them send it off to get fixed. Took about a week.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

How come it worked for a period. ..

according to the OP it "suddenly stopped working".

Would it have been imei blocked since it was bought, based on usage by the OP?

I'd say you're right though! !

Sometimes from when a phone is IMEI barred by a network, it can take up to a month before it even comes into effect - Vodafone used to notoriously take an age to bar phones, but not so long anymore, some are instantaneously barred afaik.... think 3 and 02 are on the ball with that...

Advertisement