Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with Android software

Options
  • 07-07-2013 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I updated my android (sony xperia j) to a new version of software- 4.1.2, doing this wiped my photos and music- my fault, in retrospect i should have backed up but now it won't let me download ringtones, i download the song - set it as a ringtone and then it reverts to the phone's standard ringtone. Any idea how to resolve this?

Thanks,
    Jennifer

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Moved from Mobile Application. You might get better help here.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Your photos must have been synced with Picasa. Just sync your Google account and you are good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭jenn1984

soirish wrote: »
    Your photos must have been synced with Picasa. Just sync your Google account and you are good to go.

Didn't work unfortunately, the phone won't retain any music downloads or new photos, its extremely frustrating :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

jenn1984 wrote: »
    Didn't work unfortunately, the phone won't retain any music downloads or new photos, its extremely frustrating :(

Are they being saved to the SD card or the phone memory?

I'm sure from camera setting you can set where you want the picture to save to?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

jenn1984 wrote: »

I updated my android (sony xperia j) to a new version of software- 4.1.2,

What did you use to do the update?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭jenn1984

I used software settings in 'about phone'- ended up doing a factory reset (backing up data first) in the end, which wiped my apps (free ones that I can download again) but reinstated all my photos and music. I was ready to go back to the phone shop to try and get it repaired- thank god I didn't have to, I'd be lost without my phone!

Advertisement