Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jumpers for Goalposts 3

• 23-04-2010 8:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Very difficult and horrifying addictive game - but really enjoyable. Got to the dizzying heights of playing for Newcastle in the championship, scoring 50 goals in 77 games. Finished with assets of about 600,000. From reading other peoples scores, I realize I havent done very well =/

Give it a go: http://www.mousebreaker.com/games/jumpersforgoalposts3/playgame

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

load of sh1t. fukin hate the football games on mousebreaker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,626 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

im so ****ing bad at the headers and volleys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Jazzy wrote: »

I normally hate any flash football games but this one is actually quite good if you stick with it.
    Headshot wrote: »
    im so ****ing bad at the headers and volleys

I was bad at headers until I figured them out. Push your dude as far forward as he will go (i.e in line with defender). Then stick him beside the backpost (the one that isnt marked). If the cross is whizzed in press the mouse button immediately when you see the ball. If the cross is floated in wait until the ball is close to your guy and then press.

I never mastered volleys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,626 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

how the **** can you do snap shots and the little green bar they give you is a joke

Headshot wrote: »
    how the **** can you do snap shots and the little green bar they give you is a joke

Yeah snapshots are a bastard. They are the hardest after volleys. Focus on getting good at the easier ones first - headers, overheads, passing and turn and shoot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Could never do well at volleys. Snapshots were a doddle after a while along with headers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

volleys are ****ing impossible.any tips ,i can do the rest.

EDIT:just scored,guess im on the way to the big league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Jazzy wrote: »
    I was quite good at subutteo ;)

yabadabado wrote: »
    volleys are ****ing impossible.any tips ,i can do the rest.

EDIT:just scored,guess im on the way to the big league

Ive never scored a volley so you must be doing something right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Hah, my guy is called Mr. Mary!

So macho!

It's bloody hard...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Tusky wrote: »
    I normally hate any flash football games but this one is actually quite good if you stick with it.

wat do you think made me call it sh1t? gave it a try and failed badly :p

Just scored a volley, can't score a floating header for the life of me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

$@#&?!

Thank you Tusky, no chance of going to bed for a few hours now :D

I'm so ****ing bad at headers.

Woot now at Barnet :D

IvySlayer wrote: »
    $@#&?!

Thank you Tusky, no chance of going to bed for a few hours now :D

I'm so ****ing bad at headers.
    mars bar wrote: »
    Just scored a volley, can't score a floating header for the life of me...

I was bad at headers until I figured them out. Push your dude as far forward as he will go (i.e in line with defender). Then stick him beside the backpost (the one that isnt marked). If the cross is whizzed in press the mouse button immediately when you see the ball. If the cross is floated in wait until the ball is close to your guy and then press.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Did the full thing, got as high up as Newcastle in the championship. 69 goals in 78 games, not bad.

I really need to sort my life out, though.

Did the full thing, got as high up as Newcastle in the championship. 69 goals in 78 games, not bad.

I really need to sort my life out, though.

My manager kept dropping me. :(

I just can't get the hang of heading and volleying. Even with Tuskys advice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭ccosgrave

Wound up at Arsenal, £2.2m in assets and 84 goals in 84 games. Feckin difficult game though, i'm still sh1te at volleys and overheads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I can't get a game :(

Gonna try the headers tip though - fingers crossed!

EDIT: Didn't work :(

Any more tips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

keane2097 wrote: »
    I can't get a game :(

Gonna try the headers tip though - fingers crossed!

EDIT: Didn't work :(

Any more tips?

Give up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I'm after getting good - playing for Boro in the Championship now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Ah Tusky thanks for ruining my day! I was only playing JFG 2 the other day now I'll be glued to this!

You have to keep your managers happiness over 50,under 50 and you're dropped for hose that are wondering.Thats the way it was in 1 and 2 anyways

This game cost me 3 hours sleep that I would usually get, to finish up in League One!

i'm useless at it but I'll keep trying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

To add to Tusky's advice about headers, when the keeper moves to the middle of the goal move between him an the post and when he moves to the far post move so that your player's shoulder is beside the keepers shoulder and you are between him and the defender. After that it's just a matter of timing and once you get it it's easy, I score 9 out of 10 headers and finished playing for Man Utd with over £9m.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

that is an incredibly irritating game

in snapshots, by the time I notice the ball and click the mouse it's already gone out of play

that is an incredibly irritating game

in snapshots, by the time I notice the ball and click the mouse it's already gone out of play

I find them easy enough in training but when it's in the match, the players is kinda floating around and before you settle him, the ball is gone past ya!

I suck so ****ing hard at this game :(

This game cost me 3 hours sleep that I would usually get!

Apologies!

I'm considering starting another game but I really should be studying...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

was up till 3 o clock last night playing this i still suck really bad but its highly addicitve as well as frustrating..

• Advertisement

Apologies!

I'm considering starting another game but I really should be studying...

No problem, I have exams in two weeks time too.

Oh well!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Another suffering from sleep deprivation after playing this last night. Does anyone know how how the hell you volley the ball? 7 seasons and I think I managed to fluke one in the last.

Zaph wrote: »
    Another suffering from sleep deprivation after playing this last night. Does anyone know how how the hell you volley the ball? 7 seasons and I think I managed to fluke one in the last.

I have never managed to score a volley. I reckon I have a connection success rate of about 1%.

I follow the ball right, let it bounce and then take it. I have scored a good few but still haven't scored a floating header, Always off the post of the goalie saves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Deadly game.:D
    Volleys and headers are impossible, and I always seem to choke with my bicycles in the matches.:(

I just figured out how to put a penalty into the top corner! Whoo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I played it for 5 minutes, then decided I'd enjoy this more in real life, so went out the back to kick a ball off the wall for a bit. Stupid, pointless game that makes no sense.

I follow the ball right, let it bounce and then take it. I have scored a good few but still haven't scored a floating header, Always off the post of the goalie saves.

I didnt know you could let them bounce. Thats probably what I was doing wrong.

I didnt know you could let them bounce. Thats probably what I was doing wrong.

Yeah you can, it makes it easier to connect!

I played it for 5 minutes, then decided I'd enjoy this more in real life, so went out the back to kick a ball off the wall for a bit. Stupid, pointless post that makes no sense.

FYP.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Snap shots and volleys are impossible!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Drivin an Aston Martin an goin out with an underwear model - Giggidy - If only I could play for QPR in real life :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Total Assets: 7,047,824

Matches Played: 82

Goals Scored: 115

Medals/Achievements won: 11 out of 15

Last club Man Utd, they retired my jersey as I was a legend.

But I dunno how to take the fact that I won the World Cup for England!!

Edir: I was very productive in work today! :D

http://pix.sparky-s.ie/87985.jpg

booo yah

still haven't got to play for man utd though :/ not sure im arsed playing it again

Did the FAI try to tap up anyone else for the World Cup?:D
    I got a message on it saying that Ireland are trying to work out a deal because I have an Irish Great-Granny and/or an Irish Setter.:p

Second go:

Total assets: 6,726,230

106 goals in 84 games.

Achievements 11 out of 15.

Signed for Liverpool and they got relegated. Got an offer from United but refused. Stuck with Liverpool and got promoted to the premier league and then retired. Got called up to the world cup but Germany won on penalties.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

baz2009 wrote: »
    Did the FAI try to tap up anyone else for the World Cup?:D
    I got a message on it saying that Ireland are trying to work out a deal because I have an Irish Great-Granny and/or an Irish Setter.:p

Yeah, I got that last night

I hate it when you get injured and banned all in the one go so you miss about four games.

And when your doing the passing training and the ****er you pass it to doesn't score.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

I didn't realise there was another version of this - looks very basic but is highly addictive.

For penalties, the longer you hold it the higher the ball will go, but if you time it right the keeper won't ever save it.

A lot of lads seem to have trouble with the volleys, I won't pretend that it gets any easier but if you manage to catch the ball while a) anywhere near the ground and b) while your player is more or less directly behind the ball, you'll be sorted.

Passes I'm brutal at, its a lottery.

Snapshot is all about the positioning of the player: the closer to the arrow, the further right the shot will go.

When it comes to the headers, the longer you hold the button the further right the header will go, it doesn't always have to be straight ahead.

Turn and shoot is the easiest, but again, the longer you hold the mouse button, the further right the shot will go.

Played Jumpers for Goalposts 2 to death and managed to get playing for united a few times and chelsea as well, looking forward to seeing how far I get in this.

I would advise doing things like buying stuff, which gets you the hotter girl, which in turn gets the papers talking about you, which in turn gets bigger clubs interested.

Legend of a game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Thanks for the heads up on this, JFG 2 was a beast and this one looks better. Those overheads are rock hard :( only started it, have only done the training and signed for Chesterfield. Will play it over the next few days. I am class at the volleys cause I am used to them got used tothem through http://www.playforyourclub.com/ as that's what I used to play back in the day. Good craic, might be handy for you's struggling with them.

Managed to get up to the Premiership with Spurs and get them relegated down to League 1!

Came in 176th place...

• Advertisement
Advertisement