Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need to get a house key transported to the airport... help!!!

• 14-04-2010 10:13am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Whats the fastest cheapest way to do this?

Folks just arrived back from USA and are locked out and I cant get out of work. Need to get my house key delivered to them quickly from Dublin city centre to the airport... courier? taxi? any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Bike courier but you'll have to pay for a special

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

motorbike courier I would say. 20 quid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Taxi will be fastest & cheapest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Pony Express courier. Cost you about 40.00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

EL_Loco wrote: »
    motorbike courier I would say. 20 quid?

Might be a bit more than that I'd say :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Tell them to swing by your workplace and pick it up. And tell them I hope they enjoyed their holiday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Morphéus wrote: »

Folks just arrived back from USA and are locked out and I cant get out of work. Need to get my house key delivered to them quickly from Dublin city centre to the airport... courier? taxi? any suggestions?

Would it not be easier to get a bike courier to leave the key with a neighbour instead of going to the airport?

You could also send the key to the house mabey the neighbour And then they don't have to wait

ring hurricaine dispatch in crumlin

Vanbis wrote: »
    Would it not be easier to get a bike courier to leave the key with a neighbour instead of going to the airport?

Snap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

as prev posters said, can they not come by your work and pick it up or can you send a key to a neighbour - if your folks cant come by your work - do you have any mates/family you can ask for favour and they pick key up of you and meet you folks at the house.?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Vanbis wrote: »
    This

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Send it via pigeon post.

Fast, cheap and cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Morpheus where the fu*k is Neo, surely he could it fly it there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I'd say the courier is well on his way at this stage.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Thanks for the helpful and (unhelpful) tips.

Not everyone lives in dublin you know... my folks live way up the M1 so it wouldnt make sense to drag them into city centre with a sh*teload of suitcases. their house and car keys are all in the house as they left in a rush to get to a funeral in USA.

Will probably get a taxi to drop them to them.

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Morphéus wrote: »

Can we ask how they ended up getting locked out if they've only just arrived back from America?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,112 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Don't folks use bricks anymore?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

they left the keys in the house before they left for USA!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Send the key to me then get your parents to collect it from me.... I live up the M1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I'll come and collect it from your work and bring it to the airport for €150.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I'll come and collect it from your work and bring it to the airport for €150.

You have more chance of getting killed by a hippopotamus mate..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,384 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Place it on the transporter, key in the co-ordinates and say "Energize!"

Advertisement