Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to clean Stanley Stoves

Options
  • 30-03-2015 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

We have two stanley stoves in our house.

The glass is quite dark on them and I wondering does anyone know how I could clean them

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Probably depends what your burning -
    Usually I dampen a bit of newspaper dip it in ash and give it a good rub (when it's cold) I've also used a flat bit of kindling wood to give the glass a scrape -
    We've been burning cosy-glow gems for a while and the glass hadn't been done for a bit - the fire was lighting and herself was giving out about lack of flame visable- so I got my damp newspaper - forgot the ash and the black came straight off - so that's me in future -

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

+1 on the ash and newspaper. I have tried lots of different things, sprays, scrapers, even a paste but nothing did as well as the ash on wet paper. Sometimes there are a couple of thick bits to one side of the glass but a couple of hard scrubs and it wipes off.

TT

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Brillo pad, Stanley blade does trick also, cif anything a bit gritty helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Makeahome1

Thanks for those replies. I will try the newspaper and ashes, Thanks

I know what she means MarkCheese - I like to see the flame myself!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭jelutong

Baby wipes are the business.

• Advertisement
Advertisement