Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unaffected countries

Options
  • 19-12-2014 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

There may be large parts of the world that could avoid the worst of the zombie outbreak due to their weather conditions. It struck me that a zombie probably won't last long in the dry deserts of the middle east and parts of Africa. A zombie would become rapidly dehydrated and unable to move, many of these areas are active conflict zones so it will also be difficult for the disease to spread as there won't be anywhere near as many people traveling. The major cities could be wiped out but it would be very unlikely that the disease would make it much further into the country.

While I don't think this would be a major win for some of these places, if no ones around to buy oil from cities like Dubai that city is screwed. It simply couldn't support itself and everyone in it would have to leave or die. We could see a mass exodus from these countries into a practically vacant Europe. So just as the zombie crisis ends we could have to deal with invaders.

A country like Iran could excel though, they're not as dependant on international trade and are very independant. If they could avoid a major outbreak in their capital and the super powers tumble without nuking all their enemies their military would be pretty effective dealing with whoevers left over.

I don't see the actual zombie crisis lasting all that long. Zombies should tear themselves to pieces within 5 years leaving Europe, some of the most fertile lands in the world up for grabs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Madagascar if they close their port :pac:

I'd say any relatively cold countries would be resistant against the dead. Poor visibility, remote settlements and not to mention, the dead would easily freeze solid if the temperature is low enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Madagascar if they close their port :pac:

I'd say any relatively cold countries would be resistant against the dead. Poor visibility, remote settlements and not to mention, the dead would easily freeze solid if the temperature is low enough.
    Many zombies could be crippled in the first winter, a lot of European countries on the mainland get much colder than we do here in Ireland. Our mildness is actually working against us in a zombie apocalypse, it will keep zombies well lubricated.

Unless zombies had some sort of antifreeze to protect them. Which isn't all that unbelievable, there is a frog that can be totally frozen for the winter, literally a block of ice, and it can simply thaw itself out come spring. I don't think it's even a complex chemical that acts as the antifreeze, it's basically just sugar that allows it to avoid freezing damage.

Advertisement