Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tournament Time?

Options
  • 03-03-2015 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭

It's been a long while since we had a good ould tournament. See here , here and here for past ones.

A few years back we had talked about doing an ultimate apocalyptic movie comp but it didn't happen.

I don't mind running it but will probably need a hand as I am keep busy these times and am not always at a desk, (to post pics/vids ) etc.

I think we should do something, thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

sounds good yeah, i can give ye a hand if ye want

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

So 32 movies (64 may be a bit much), well known, with an apocalyptic theme?

If people have suggestions or want their favourite film included, speak now or forever hold your piece peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Good guys and bad guys should be in the running too i reckon

Look at all them awesome Arnie film baddies, Cohagen, The Predator, T1000, Fireball, Subzero, Buzzsaw, Thulsa Doom and the almost irrepressible Bennett!!

tbh though if we did modern horror, the bad guys would just never die, Jason, Freddy, the feckin Leprechaun.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

great idea ..... love the comps !!

When this is finished, what about a Side-Kick comp? (did we do that before???) Pick 32 side-kicks (should be easy, hard part will be narrowing it down to 32!) , and you cant have Superman etc as your side-kick, they have to be a bone fide SK in their own right (ie, in someones elses film / comic / show) .... so you want someone who will help you (make you better) in the ZA, and not take over! Like Robin (Batman), Cringer (He-Man), Patrick (Sponge Bob), Kato (Green Hornet), Dano (Hawaii 5-0) , etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Some Apocolypse films

Mad Max (take your pick)
    Omega Man (would love to see others vote on this against I Am Legend)
    Book of Eli
    The Road
    Waterworld
    The End
    Escape from New York
    The Colony (up against Hell ..... cold v hot, geddit?)
    Plant of the Apes
    Day of the Triffids

i bet i will think of more as soon as I post this .... typical!

• Advertisement
Advertisement