Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Jules Bianchi

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Absolutely terrible.. A great loss, thoughts with those around him. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Sad to wake up to. RIP.

Didn't think this would ever happen again in F1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Saw this on the news this morning.

Poor guy. So bloody young. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

I was fearful of this day once I read up on the type of injury he suffered after the accident, the odds were sadly always against him. You can never really say what could have been but the fact Ferrari had a stake in him is an indicator of his potential along with the fact he performed respectably in a dog of a car, he certainly proved he deserved to be in F1 relative to his pay driver team mate who he beat at his ease.

A sad day for the sport, cruel to have had it dragged out for so long, I can't imagine what that must have been like for his friends and family. A real shame, seemed like a nice guy too, RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

How awful. I hope there will be some commemoration in Hungary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Terrible.

Big fan of Bianchi who was a v. talented driver who could've done great with a good car.

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Horrible news.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Sorry to hear the news this morning. Thoughts and prayers are with his family, partner, friends, team mates and fellow drivers.
    Will have to break it to my 10 year old son this morn, he's a huge f1 fan but he's doing his first Parkrun this morn.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Very sad to hear the news this morning.

R.I.P Jules

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Terrible sad news.
    RIP Jules

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

Had been hoping for a miracle since the accident and the extent of the injuries became apparent.

Having only been born a year before Ratzenberger and Senna's deaths I had been fortunate enough not to experience a fatality of one of the drivers, who you admire and get to know through the interviews and race weekends. There had been a few close calls, Burti, Massa and Kubica springing to mind.

It almost seems cliché when it is said that someone was destined for great things but coming 9th in Monaco in that Marussia along with numerous other great performances, it was evident that Jules was a huge prospect. Condolences to the family and friends especially, as well as to all followers of the sport.
    Rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

That's the worst news :( RIP Jules

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

RIP Jules

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Repose en paix Jules.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Horrible news to hear. F1’s 20 year streak of no fatalities came to an end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

RIP Jules. Very sad to hear, he was without doubt a rising star in F1. Scoring points in Monaco in that car was some achievement. Thoughts are with his family & friends :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Very sad to hear, I guess you can take some solace in knowing that his suffering is at an end.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

A sad day in F1, he was a talented driver. Thoughts and prayers with his family and friends may he rest in peace xxx

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Only just heard, very sad news. :(
    You got the impression he had the talent to make it to the very top too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Very sad news indeed. I see the daily trash thought it a perfect opportunity to put up the video of his crash - typically scummy of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Such a loss, really didn't think F1 would lose another driver.. Guess I was hoping for a miracle.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

RIP Jules
    #forzajules

• Registered Users Posts: 15,643 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Very sad to hear of Jules death. May he rest in peace. I think he had a lot of talent and would have gone far. We will never know now very sad. Him getting 9th last year in Monaco was such a great thing to see and witness. So sad we will not get to see him do more racing like that. Thoughts with his family, friends and all the drivers that knew and raced with him.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

It's always sad to see anyone die in a race but this morning when I heard the news I had more relief than sadness. It's not easy or fair on the family that they suffer for so long with no real hope of improvement. Jules was a talented driver and in all my dealings with him he was a funny guy that had a genuine love of racing. I always enjoyed chatting to him and the paddock has missed him since suzuka.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,838 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The poor lad was gone the day of crash, the interim has just been a harrowing time for his family. Peace to them all now.

Horrible news but in some way it's a kind of release for his family, it must have been an agonising nine months.

In a way it's amazing that we've gone 20 years with no fatalities in an F1 race. Safety has come on leaps and bounds but you can never eliminate the risk in racing.

A shame we'll never get to see what he could have become. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

Genuinely sad at this news. He seemed like a great guy and he had a lot of potential. I, like many, would have loved to see him in a competitive car.
    I hope his family can now start to grieve and get some comfort in the fact he's no longer in any pain or discomfort.
    RIP to a great talent and genuine decent human being.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Very sad news. I don't get too choked up about people who are sportspersons or public figures dying, or who I don't know personally, but when it is a life of such a great talent in a sport that I love, it gets to me. Rest in peace Jules. #17

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Sad to hear about his death, he had huge potential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Horrible news but in some way it's a kind of release for his family, it must have been an agonising nine months.

In a way it's amazing that we've gone 20 years with no fatalities in an F1 race. Safety has come on leaps and bounds but you can never eliminate the risk in racing.

A shame we'll never get to see what he could have become. RIP.
    I'll have to correct you on that. We lost marshals in Italy and Australia.

Advertisement