Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late Late Summer Withdrawals Thread

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

One week to go.....

We're almost there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

The taxi is pulling up to take Summer 2015 away, but in one final burst of life the epic cult classic film Taffin is on TG4 tonight at 10.25pm.

If you haven't seen it, it is well worth sticking a tape in. This review on amazon describes it better than I can
    Immortalised by Adam and Joe, Taffin has reached a new audience that would otherwise have missed out on it the first time around. Although it has to be taken with a rather large pinch of salt, this film will actually reward the viewer with a love of classic action movies.

It's basically Death Wish meets Ballykissangel. Brosnan puts in a strong performance as the intellectual hardman alongside a who's who of Irish actors from the era. Even Father Ted and Father Jack make an appearance.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93518045

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,430 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Taffin is legendary, Bella from Fair City is tough as nails in it too. Did I also see Dick Moran from Glenroe in that trailer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,430 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Wonder who the author had in mind to play Mark Taffin?
    Issues arose between the author Lyndon Mallet and the production company surrounding the casting of Pierce Brosnan in the role of Mark Taffin. This was due to the actual nature of the character in the book. In the book, Mark Taffin was never a handsome man; he was decidedly overweight and very unattractive, a very different image to that portrayed by Brosnan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taffin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Taffin is legendary, Bella from Fair City is tough as nails in it too. Did I also see Dick Moran from Glenroe in that trailer?

I saw Dick Moran's Brother in it. I think he is also Taffin's Brother.

They filmed a lot of Taffin in Wicklow Town, which is no length from Glenroe. Dick Moran would have been all over the dodgy development which Taffin needs to stop. He was a shnakey character.

Advertisement