Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ampeg Portabass 2x10 Cab

Options
  • 28-04-2006 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

Hey,

Turns out they won't have these in stock for a few months in musicstore. Do ya know of any other european sites that stock these besides thomann? Or could anybody advise me on shipping from the states? Theres one on ebay for $399. Anybody know what the final cost would be after shipping and tax?

Cheers,

Gary

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Shipping depends on the seller, I'd guess about $100 or so then import duty and tax is about 25% of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JacoStanley

Doctor J wrote:
    Shipping depends on the seller, I'd guess about $100 or so then import duty and tax is about 25% of that.

Excellent. Now, will it be taxed on the selling price or on what they (customs) believe it to be valued at?

It will be taxed on whatever the seller marks the value down as plus the cost of shipping.

Excrement!

There's a dude selling a pair of Avatar cabs in FS Instruments if you're not after a particular brand.

• Advertisement

You've got me interested. What's avatar like do ya know?

Have a gander on talkbass.com - they seem to be held in pretty high regard

Read a few reviews from there and they're getting the thumbs up alright. It's reasonabley light. Only 3kg's heavier than the portabass. Now I'll just have to find my MarkBass head and I'll be able to travel to gigs via public transport.

Got the 2x10 Avatar cab today and ran it through a Acoustic Image Clarus 2R head. Sounds real hi-fi. Bright as a button. Very happy. Have ordered my MarkBass Little Mark II head from www.gear4music.nl Bassface still has the 15" version for sale for €250 if anyone is interested. Quality gear. Gear4music really has some great prices and more importantly, excellent service including over the weekend.

Hey,

Turns out they won't have these in stock for a few months in musicstore. Do ya know of any other european sites that stock these besides thomann? Or could anybody advise me on shipping from the states? Theres one on ebay for $399. Anybody know what the final cost would be after shipping and tax?

Cheers,

Gary
    Your not gonna believe this. Checked my emails last night to discover an order confirmation from musicstore. The feckin portabass cab is arriving on Friday after 4 1/2 months. I cancelled that order with a fella called Jens. I've been charged €630 aswell. I've emailed them 3 times and no reply. I don't want this. Even if my order was still on their system, you'd think that after 4 and a half months they might contact me to see if I still want it. Just hoping this can resolved nice and easy like. Any ideas anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Call them right away and refuse to sign for the order, if you accept delivery you may be liable to pay for collection and return shipping

Advertisement