Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for players, or a game? Post here...No phone numbers in this thread please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Madramusic

Looking for players for Astro in Celbridge Astro Park on Wednesdays at 7pm including tonight send me a pm if your interested. All ages over 18 welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bernie1974

Looking for players for UCD 5 a side game every Wed at 7. Free trial over next few weeks if interested. Sign up to winter season Oct to Mar. B.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Muchacho99

Any team around Phibsboro/Cabra area looking for GOOD players to join in leagues, etc..?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 burke_d7

Bernie1974 wrote: »
    Looking for players for UCD 5 a side game every Wed at 7. Free trial over next few weeks if interested. Sign up to winter season Oct to Mar. B.

Are you still looking for players?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭kiad

sheasus90 wrote: »
    Equium wrote: »
    I'm hoping to train midweek with an 11-a-side team in Sandymount/Irishtown/Ringsend, or anywhere reasonably nearby. I would also love to play if matches were on midweek evenings. Usually play anywhere across the defence or in central midfield. Please let me know if anyone knows of a team looking for players.

I have the same situation...would love to train midweek / play 11-a-side midweek in Dublin? Please let us know if its possible.

Also looking to start playing in 11 a side team. This area or further South (based near Dun Laoghaire). Don't mind either weekend or weekdays. Google only seems to bring up team websites that haven't been updated in several years!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 henryswanson

Hi all

Looking for 1 player for tonight ( Tuesday 1st September ) for DCU Glasnevin AstroTurf at 7pm

Social standard

PM me if interested

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bernie1974

burke_d7 wrote: »
    Are you still looking for players?

Yes. Note standard is social - by trial I mean "try it out", if interested you can join regular game thereafter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 saundy242

Looking for players for every Tuesday night @ 8pm clondalkin leisure centre astro pitches standard ok anyone interested it has been running for near on 5 years now just finding it a little hard lately to get numbers up any standard welcome please pm for number thanks John.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 super5aside

I am running two long established 5aside slots in UCD for the past 11 years and am looking for some new players to play and commit to new 6 month term starting at beginning of October. Standard and ages amongst existing players is very mixed, focus on fun. Any tryout games before the end of this month will be FOC for prospective joiners. Kickoff each night 7 pm, please pm if interested, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭mugs11

If anyone is looking for a player for the winter astro league (preferably St. Colmcilles/Benildus), give me a shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

mugs11 wrote: »
    If anyone is looking for a player for the winter astro league (preferably St. Colmcilles/Benildus), give me a shout.

looking for a game at these locations too. If anyone needs a defensive player please pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭JoeCole26

guile4582 wrote: »
    looking for a game at these locations too. If anyone needs a defensive player please pm me

Likewise, looking for an 11 a side team for above locations for the cold wintery months ahead

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 hybreasal

Hi.

Looking for player for 5 a side Astro in Tallaght tomorrow ( Thursday 10th Sept ) kick off 5.30pm.

Standard average and good kick around. €5.

PM if you are available.

Cheers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

I am running two long established 5aside slots in UCD for the past 11 years and am looking for some new players to play and commit to new 6 month term starting at beginning of October. Standard and ages amongst existing players is very mixed, focus on fun. Any tryout games before the end of this month will be FOC for prospective joiners. Kickoff each night 7 pm, please pm if interested, thank you.

sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

Hi all,

First off, apologies if this has been covered many times but I've just moved here from Galway and I'm looking to get a game going. I'm in college and a good few of my class seem interested so hopefully we should have the numbers.

Just looking for some advice from people with experience i.e which leagues are good, which places to avoid etc....

I'm inclined to think a 6 a side social in Dundrum or Sandymount might be a good fit for us but I'm open to all advice.
    http://www.astro.ie/Soccer/SmallSided/newleagues.aspx

Thanks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

astro leagues are an option (2 options in dundrum) UCD also have a 5 aside leagues along, you can rent a pitch in monkstown

• Registered Users Posts: 1 maxi!!

Moving to Rathmines for college next week. Looking for a club to train with during the week. Any feedback appreciated.
    cheers in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Looking for players interested in joining up with a group for Thursdays at 7pm in Sportsco, Ringsend. The game has been going for years, not a very high standard at present. It would be €60 for the 8th October to 17th December. A free trial game could probably be arranged. PM me if interested. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Anyone looking for an 11 a side team on the Northside let me know.

We'll have a team in LSL major Sunday and then a Saturday team in the lower leagues of the LSL.

Currently training in St. Annes Park but will move to Oscar Traynor facility in Winter.

Home pitch is in Donaghmede.

Just bumping this to see if any interest. I know there were a few people looking for a team around Ringsend area -I'm based there so would be travelling to/from there for training & matches if that helps.

We have two teams so can cater for those looking to play at a decent competitive level or those just keen for a game of ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GBA83

Looking for a player for a 5-a-side game at 9pm tonight (17/09) at UCD.

€5 to play usually, but I waive that fee tonight to find a player.

Our games are friendly casual affairs but with a competitive edge, and a mix of standards and ages, but generally late 20s to mid 30s, average to good standard mostly.

Potential to become a frequent back-up player, or even a regular player if a space opens up and you fit well with our game.

PM if interested or want more info.

Cheers, Gareth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Ferguso

Hi, Fergus here and I am the player/coach of FCFC, an 11 a side astro team in south Dublin.
    The new season begins on October 8th and we are in desperate need of a goalkeeper.
    We play on Thursday evenings and the winter league is held in Wesley College Ballinteer.
    We won the league a couple of years ago and have aspirations of doing the same again this season. If you're a keeper and you'd like to join our squad please get in touch.
    I look forward to hearing from you.
    Many thanks, Fergus

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭mugs11

mugs11 wrote: »

Still looking!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Looking for players interested in joining up with a group for Thursdays at 7pm in Sportsco, Ringsend. The game has been going for years, not a very high standard at present. It would be €60 for the 8th October to 17th December. PM me if interested. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Madramusic

Madramusic wrote: »
    Looking for players for Astro in Celbridge Astro Park on Wednesdays at 7pm including tonight send me a pm if your interested. All ages over 18 welcome

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Folks looking for 1 or 2 players, especially a keeper for 6-a-side league on Thursday nights (between 7pm and 9pm) in Sandymount YMCA. The lads a sound and good mix of sledgers and ball players. League is decent standard so looking for decent standard players. Its €6 a game or €120 for the season. ...theres 20+ games. PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,704 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I'm looking for a game on the south side of Dublin preferably around templeogue, Terenure or Tallaght area. Social standard. Weeknights only as I'm not always around on weekends.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 19 scuphi

Game of 6v6 astro at Clondalkin Leisure Centre tomorrow at 12.00, €4 for game. Standard is standard with competitive edge good atmosphere.
    If interested pm me and I'll confirm spots still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 scuphi

Game of 6v6 astro at Clondalkin Leisure Centre tomorrow at 12.00, €4 for game. Standard is standard with competitive edge good atmosphere.
    If interested pm me and I'll confirm spots still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sat_League

We need a goalkeeper who can play on saturday mornings / afternoons in the south side of Dublin.
    Very amateur outfit. No training. Just games.

Starts ASAP (this weekend)
    If you cant play every weekend its fine.

If interested PM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 GBA83

GBA83 wrote: »
    Looking for a player for a 5-a-side game at 9pm tonight (17/09) at UCD.

€5 to play usually, but I waive that fee tonight to find a player.

Our games are friendly casual affairs but with a competitive edge, and a mix of standards and ages, but generally late 20s to mid 30s, average to good standard mostly.

Potential to become a frequent back-up player, or even a regular player if a space opens up and you fit well with our game.

PM if interested or want more info.

Cheers, Gareth

BUMP. Looking for players for the Winter season in general, both occassional back-up and regular players. Season runs to the end of March, we play every Thurs at 9pm at UCD

Advertisement