Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to go back as a mature student - any funding?

Options
  • 25-08-2015 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Guys,

Very new to boards so apologies if this is in the wrong section.

My situation is that I am 30, am about to lose my job in a few weeks and really want to go back to college to study Physics.

I know I am too late for the UCD Access course, but I am hoping to contact DIT today about their Access course.

When I lose my job, I will have to go on job seekers benefit - if I am lucky enough to get accept to do physics in 2016 - will I be entitled to go on BTEA? Is it a flat rate or will my partners income also be factored in?

If I wasn't entitled to BTEA - are there any other ways of getting funding?

I really have my heart set on this but unfortunately I can't afford to do it unless I at least have BTEA or job seekers benefit coming in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as feeling really confused about it all?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stephen.87

Steo2015 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Very new to boards so apologies if this is in the wrong section.

My situation is that I am 30, am about to lose my job in a few weeks and really want to go back to college to study Physics.

I know I am too late for the UCD Access course, but I am hoping to contact DIT today about their Access course.

When I lose my job, I will have to go on job seekers benefit - if I am lucky enough to get accept to do physics in 2016 - will I be entitled to go on BTEA? Is it a flat rate or will my partners income also be factored in?

If I wasn't entitled to BTEA - are there any other ways of getting funding?

I really have my heart set on this but unfortunately I can't afford to do it unless I at least have BTEA or job seekers benefit coming in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as feeling really confused about it all?

Try your best to get back to education. When do you loose your job? It is the best most valuable thing you can get to fund your college degree. It's 188 per week for the 3/4 years of your course. You can work part time when in college and full time in the summer or not at all and you'ok just get your 188.

Advertisement