Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Needed

Options
  • 24-08-2015 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am 20 years of age and was working full time until last month. I was in full time work for 22 months before which I was in full time education for 2 years.

Therefore I have a Level 6 qualification which I will be using to study to level 7 and then possible level 8 after that.

I will be starting part time work in the next few days but wont be able to afford the expenses. I was wondering if there is any funds available for people like me.

All I see online is for full time students or mature students or those who are on social welfare. I am not associated with any of these.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 marble2015

Apply to SUSI and you might get your student contribution paid for the 3k and you might receive some grant, depending on how much your parents earn if you still live at home, also make sure you state there's a change in circumstance so that you won't be assessed from you full time work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

marble2015 wrote: »
    Apply to SUSI and you might get your student contribution paid for the 3k and you might receive some grant, depending on how much your parents earn if you still live at home, also make sure you state there's a change in circumstance so that you won't be assessed from you full time work.

SUSI is only for full time students. I am looking to study part time. Even if I wanted to do full time its too late as CAO applications deadline was long ago.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

dan786 wrote: »
    SUSI is only for full time students. I am looking to study part time. Even if I wanted to do full time its too late as CAO applications deadline was long ago.

I don't believe there are any formal funding schemes for part time students

• Registered Users Posts: 23 marble2015

dan786 wrote: »

Oh misread apologies, no unfortunately I don't think anything exists if it's part-time.
    Unless you wait till next year and apply, sadly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

A part time degree should enable you to work full time. It will be tough of course, but many people do it.
    you can claim tax back at the standard rate for your fees.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

MouseTail wrote: »
    A part time degree should enable you to work full time. It will be tough of course, but many people do it.
    you can claim tax back at the standard rate for your fees.

The min limit for claiming tax back is quite high

Advertisement