Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WSBK 2015

Options
  • 22-02-2015 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭

Well that was a awesome start to World Superbikes. 1st and 2nd for Johnny Rea. It looks like it's going to be an exciting competitive season.

Great to see Bayliss back out there too.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Yeah..lots of fairing bashing...thought Sykes was very poor...hope he hasnt given up....

delighted for Haslam and Davies too...interesting start to the season...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Yeah..lots of fairing bashing...thought Sykes was very poor...hope he hasnt given up....

delighted for Haslam and Davies too...interesting start to the season...
    PI was never a great track for Sykes.
    He has stiff competition this year though, a lot of new talent that has been through the sharkpool that is Moto2 and isn't afraid of close action.
    More impressed with VDM and Torres though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

What a great pair of races for Jonanthan Rea. Not one mistake made.

I'm delighted to see Lowes get a podium too.

Yeah....looking forward to more close racing though....

Nice to see the "Irish man" get a mention on the RTE 6 o'clock news too....but lost out to the womens hockey at 9 o'clock.....:)

Great racing again today...Sykes..:confused:........Delighted for Chaz he deserved that....good results for Johnny too...nice to see Haslam in the mix.....That second race commentary was woeful though...Bit like Lowes bike..

Gutted for Inspector Cluzel....:(

Anyone else bother with it ....:o

• Advertisement

Rea has shown he is a more adaptable rider than Sykes.
    Sykes has developed that bike for the last 5 years and once any part of it has changed he doesn't seem to be able to cope.
    Rea's years of riding an underperforming Honda have probably made him a better more versatile rider as a result.
    Its only a matter of time before JR is #1 rider if the results continue for him and Sykes the way they are now.
    The Aprilias aren't as fast as they were previously, Haslam and Torres are in the mix but I guess it may take a while for Torres to show his hand, he is still learning the bike after his Moto2 years.
    Maybe different circuits will be better for them.

Well Johnny Rea is really impressive this year isn't he.

He did the double last year at Imola as well, on the FireBlade.
    Where did that same bike finish this year?

This thread has been really quite....

After his race 1 win in Sepang Jonathan Rea can be world champion by the end of the day if he scores 11 points more than Tom Sykes. I'd love to see him do it today ✊

Brilliant racing today...that first race was mental, second was good too......think the tyre manufacturers need to go back to the drawing board...solid tyres maybe..:p

I'm just saying..:o....i never liked that Sofuoglu pr**k...he's not a good rider, he's a dirty rider....but when he raced a few weeks ago as his newborn son lay in intensive care i despised him even more....but today there he was on the grid, days after burying the poor baby, well i just dont know what to say...the man is obviously a self-centered uncaring pig..i hope his god punishes him big time.....nuff said...

• Advertisement

I'm just saying..:o....i never liked that Sofuoglu pr**k...he's not a good rider, he's a dirty rider....but when he raced a few weeks ago as his newborn son lay in intensive care i despised him even more....but today there he was on the grid, days after burying the poor baby, well i just dont know what to say...the man is obviously a self-centered uncaring pig..i hope his god punishes him big time.....nuff said...

Ah Max that's a bit unfair. I really don't like the guy either and if it was my son I'd certainly would not be racing but we really don't know the guy at all. Maybe getting out on the bike is the only way the guy can deal with it. I think he has suffered enough in his life as it is.

h3000 wrote: »
    Ah Max that's a bit unfair. I really don't like the guy either and if it was my son I'd certainly would not be racing but we really don't know the guy at all. Maybe getting out on the bike is the only way the guy can deal with it. I think he has suffered enough in his life as it is.

The way i see it ..if you do bad things ,bad things happen to you....;)

I'd see Sofuoglu in completely the other way, he can't do anything at that point and its his job to go and try and win races.
    The guy has been through an awful lot not just with his baby Hamza but also his brothers both killed.
    Racers are different to normal people, think about Rossi hitting his friend Simoncelli and possibly killing him.
    He raced the next race and carried on, it's just how things are.
    Everyone is different and cope with things in their own way, KS is no different, he does what he knows.

I must be missing something..:confused:...it was his baby son for gods sake, i'm sure his wife needed him around too.....sorry nothing will change my mind on him....he's not well liked in the paddock either from what i've read...

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

This thread has been really quite....

After his race 1 win in Sepang Jonathan Rea can be world champion by the end of the day if he scores 11 points more than Tom Sykes. I'd love to see him do it today ✊

He should have it wrapped up at Jerez barring a complete disaster. I'd be more worried about Davies than Sykes at the moment, he's been fantastic this season. A very underrated rider I feel.

I just hope Johnny stays in WSB rather than opting for some back of the grid outfit in MotoGP. He's good enough for one of the top teams but with so many impressive young guys in Moto2 and Moto3 he might be down the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Magown3

EB_2013 wrote: »
    He should have it wrapped up at Jerez barring a complete disaster. I'd be more worried about Davies than Sykes at the moment, he's been fantastic this season. A very underrated rider I feel.

I just hope Johnny stays in WSB rather than opting for some back of the grid outfit in MotoGP. He's good enough for one of the top teams but with so many impressive young guys in Moto2 and Moto3 he might be down the list.

I saw an interview with Johnny where he was asked about moving to Moto GP and he thinks he's a bit too old to be starting in Moto GP !

He might be correct but even if he's not, I'm not sure he'd leave a winning bike in WSBK to go to the back of the grid and work his arse off for a mid field finish (done that, wore the t-shirt)

I think (and hope) he continues in WSBK and goes for as many championships as possible before he retires.

Who has the most world superbike championships and how many? Foggy with 7?

EDIT: I just googled, I gave Foggy WAY too much credit, haha. He has 4 but is still top. Johnny could beat that easily. He's still only 28.

Its so long since the last race i'd forgotten who won...:confused:

I'll give you a clue it wasn't Rea!
    Rea only has to finish top 10 at Jerez to wrap it up.
    Top marks to the bloke, for a dominant performance this year.
    That was some training, riding that old nail of a 'blade around for so long.
    First NI rider to win the WSBK title ever.

Rumours that Paul Denning and the Crescent team will be running Yamaha next year in WSBK. Makes sense for Yamaha having a good team to run their R1 in that paddock.
    The Suzuki is just too long in the tooth to be competitive in that series, it may be just about OK in BSB where there is a handicap but WSBK is moving towards production machinery and the Honda and Suzuki are just too dated at this level.
    If it's true it will be a big shift for the Crescent Suzuki team they have been with Suzuki for a long time.
    I can't help thinking that M.Dunlop jumped too soon, that R1 is going to be some weapon in the TT now that there is a full year of development done on it.
    Winning the Suzuka 8hr showed that reliability isn't a problem now and Brookes has been riding the wheels off it in BSB.
    If he wins the BSB on the Yamaha could we see him on the R1 in WSBK?

Hot in Jerez, Sykes fastest by 0.024 over Rea.
    Cluzel crashed big in practice and suffered an open fracture of his left Tibia and dislocated shoulder, putting him out of this race and probably the championship season.

• Advertisement

Jonathan Rea is World Superbike champion :D

Jonathan Rea is World Superbike champion :D

Think the whole world was waiting for the interviewer to ask him what was wrong with his bike...but he didnt..:confused:

Pi$$ed that Haslam didnt have the balls to pass Rea...he backed out at least 3 times...

Think the whole world was waiting for the interviewer to ask him what was wrong with his bike...but he didnt..:confused:
    Everyone wanted to know alright. I'm sure we will find out soon enough.
    Pi$$ed that Haslam didnt have the balls to pass Rea...he backed out at least 3 times...
    In fairness Rea was very slow but he was defending his position excellently.

Everyone wanted to know alright. I'm sure we will find out soon enough.

In fairness Rea was very slow but he was defending his position excellently.

Seems to have been a tyre issue...didnt slow Sykes though....

Haslams balls must have dropped in the interval....:D

Seems to have been a tyre issue...didnt slow Sykes though....

Haslams balls must have dropped in the interval....:D

I didn't get to see race 2. Was it a good one?

I didn't get to see race 2. Was it a good one?

yeah....watch the repeat..;)

Advertisement