Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2002 Renault Megane Power & Brake Issue

Options
  • 10-12-2014 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi folks, I drive 72 miles a day in my megane and when I got up this morning and drove to work everything was fine happy days. I left work at 4:30 and as I was driving through town I felt my brakes were quite hard and sensitive. When I got onto wider more open roads I noticed that the power in my car wasnt doing very well. I was struggling to get up to 60 and 80kms an hour which on the old n9 isnt very safe!

I pulled over in the garage and turned off the engine and noticed I could hear a slight whoosh of air as I pressed on the brake. Called the mechanic and drove it to him. Straight after leaving the garage I noticed an improvement , the brakes felt much freer and the power was back. Mechanic checked under the bonnets and couldnt find any issue. Took it for a spin and power and brakes were perfect.

Any ideas as to what caused my issue?

Advertisement