Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool Vids&Pics&Links Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Probably the stupidest post I've read in awhile

You mustn't read much :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Anyone know the back story on this??
    srumball wrote: »
    b5SaYOF.gif

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

QUESTION FOR MOD - How do we do that? Is there a way of resizing pictures without having to save them somewhere first, edit them and then paste them as attachments? I'd honestly love to know... Thank you and apologies for the interruption.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

New Home wrote: »
    QUESTION FOR MOD - How do we do that? Is there a way of resizing pictures without having to save them somewhere first, edit them and then paste them as attachments? I'd honestly loved to know... Thank you and apologies for the interruption.

I normally save them to my hardrive and reduce them through MS paint. There is probably an easier way though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ah ok, fair enough... I was hoping for a trick/shortcut for resizing the pictures straight from the links, a bit like we can do for text size, but alas...

Anyway, thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Ah ok, fair enough... I was hoping for a trick/shortcut for resizing the pictures straight from the links, a bit like we can do for text size, but alas...

Anyway, thanks for that!

You can do it in imgur. Tick the box under "edit" before you choose "upload".

Do you mean I can edit pictured before I upload them to imgur, that I can edit pictures I download from imgur, or that I can use imgur to resize images from other sites?

Do you mean I can edit pictured before I upload them to imgur, that I can edit pictures I download from imgur, or that I can use imgur to resize images from other sites?

Choose an image (URL or from PC/Phone etc..)
    For example
    These Big Boobies

Go to imgur.com and choose 'upload images'.

Paste image URL and the image will appear beneath with an option to tick edit box/
    Tick the box and then choose upload.

Resize to the size you want - Apply and save.

Small Boobies

:)

Thanks Allyall!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Jetta fuel can't melt sealed beams - story? Anyone?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Jetta fuel can't melt sealed beams - story? Anyone?

Presumably a terrible pun about this:
    http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/jet-fuel-cant-melt-steel-beams

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Something to do with the twin tower attacks and collapse?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Eoin wrote: »

Dank memes, bro.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Bootup wrote: »
    w9KPGbM.jpg

Overall, I like this. However, there are two crucial errors.

1. "After while, crocodile" should be "In a while, crocodile", and
    2. "Chow, chow, brown cow" (WTF is that even supposed to mean?) should be "How now, brown cow".

Wilberto wrote: »

2. "Chow, chow, brown cow" (WTF is that even supposed to mean?) should be "How now, brown cow".

But "How now, brown cow" is usually a greeting, so I guess it's been adapted to fit the theme

sorry-sir-buzz-killington-has-crashed-our-party-thumb.jpg

Wilberto wrote: »

Maybe it's supposed to be Ciao chào Brown Cow?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

But "How now, brown cow" is usually a greeting, so I guess it's been adapted to fit the theme

There's a couple of them that are pushing it though a little bit. Like "Chop chop, lollipop". Surely that just translates as "Hurry up" one would think. Although, that's probably the only other one that's seems as it's just on the list to make up the numbers.

Allyall wrote: »
    Maybe it's supposed to be Ciao chào Brown Cow?

That could be what it is actually. The picture must have been created in America, because only they would spell it that way! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Ciao for now, brown cow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

?? I thought it was a saying used in elocution lessons back in the day and meant nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,356 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Also of note - that's not actually a funny picture...

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

I spent those 8 minutes looking for/posting the pictures.

Still waiting for your next post....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Putin wrote: »
    Still waiting for your next post....:pac:

Just posted, actually (and before I saw your post)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Public_Enema

Just posted, actually (and before I saw your post)

Come on, for someone who complained enough about it, you're barely trying.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Probably a stupid question, but does anyone know the music playing in the background to this video?

http://youtu.be/niLxhiywXqw

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Probably a stupid question, but does anyone know the music playing in the background to this video?

Rodeo-Hoe-Down (Four Dance Episodes) by Aaron Copland & The London Symphony Orchestra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

Ranjo wrote: »

Norman goes to Dunnes and Galway Sunglasses, then dresses up as mother and collects the car - why this is funny is another question altogether......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

Little bit of extra confusion, she calls him David - who is Norman? Is he someone from some TV show I've not seen thus giving me no context?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement