Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DPT: We have a date!!!

• 12-11-2006 10:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

We have a date for the run

(well its something)

PORT TUNNEL RUN CONFIRMED FOR DECEMBER 10TH
    Nov 10, 2006 A press conference to formally launch The Port Tunnel 10K Run takes place on Monday and details as the emerge will also be posted here.

So I take it then the date for opening is the 11th of December???!??? I think it might be.:D Pure speculation of course but surely it must be the 11th.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

By then all the tunnel staff will be on Christmas Holidays so it wont open till Jan, at which point they'll find the new leak that appeared while they were off work, so it wont really be open until March or April :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

If there letting a marathon through it then the tests must be finished. It should open within a couple of days Id imagine. We will see:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭robfitz

darkman2 wrote:
    We have a date for the run

Where did you get this information? I'm thinking of signing up for the run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

robfitz wrote:
    Where did you get this information? I'm thinking of signing up for the run.

http://www.activeeurope.com/Events/index.cfm?AC=EventDetails&E=41978

Apparently its supposed to be bigger then the Dublin city marathon.

Some more info:

The Dublin Port Tunnel 10k Run (under IAAF/ AAI rules) being held in Dublin, Ireland in association with Clonliffe Harriers Athletics Club and the Dublin Port Tunnel Project are proud to announce the. This run is a once in a lifetime event, a totally unique experience, a 10k road run in a 4.5km tunnel under the streets of Dublin!

Enter at
    http://www.activeeurope.com/Events/index.cfm?AC=EventDetails&E=41978

More details at
    www.clonliffeharriers.com

The run is being held to mark the opening of Dublin's Port Tunnel the largest ever civil engineering project undertaken in the Irish State. It is the longest urban road tunnel in Europe having two bores 4.5km long.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 371 ✭✭Traffic

Testing is still on going: there is currently a smoke test underway

I would think testing would be finished before the run, at least I would hope they wouldnt allow 10,000 people into the tunnel if they were not convinced it was safe.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

The vibrations from all those runners will surely dislodge some of the tiles and put the date back 6 months to a year.

The best bit of graffiti I ever saw was written on one of those posters saying "entirely paid for by the irish taxpayer, the longest tunnel blah blah".

someone had written:

"never mind that bollocks - whens the ****er OPEN??!!?!?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

Sorry im not a runner, so unsure of the terms. Like most I dont give a sh*te about the run, I just want the darn thing open.

• Advertisement

tbh wrote:

someone had written:

"never mind that bollocks - whens the ****er OPEN??!!?!?"

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭jlang

It is not far off being a quarter marathon, with a quarter of the number of runners taking part. Because of the shorter length, the participants may not spread out as much, so it could be busier (if not literally bigger).

Advertisement