Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Dog is sick

Options
  • 06-03-2011 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

My dog back home is sick. Parents are bringing her into the vet's as we speak. She is very lethargic, shivering, not moving, finding it hard to move at all.

She has been like this since yesterday afternoon. However, she went for a walk this morning, and did her "business" as usual. She is eating and drinking as normal too. Am very worried, she will be 13 this year and is a huge part of our family, especially close to my dad. It's heartbreaking talking to him on the phone about her too.

I hope she will be ok, and just ave to wait for the vet to let us know what he thinks is wrong. Keep fingers crossed for her :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 pslat

Chin up girl, The best place for her is with the vet right now. The hardest part of having a dog is that we get such a relatively short time with them. I hope she will be ok. Fingers are crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

Thanks pslat.

She is out of vet's now. He said that she is constipated, even though she has been having bowel movements.

She was given 3 injections :( and has to take tablets for the next few days, until she is back to normal. Mum said she changed her food a couple of weeks ago, so will go back to the food she had before and hopefully she will be ok now.

Kinda embarrassed painking over her, but she is my little baby :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 pslat

Hey that's brilliant:). It's hard not to think the worst some times. No doubt you're little baby's going to be spoilt rotten when you see her:D
    I've heard before that changing brands of food should be done gradually, ie, mixing a little of the new with the old and building up to all new food but if your folks can still get her usual that's probably best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Ah, glad to hear she's ok OP, nothing worse than your pet being sick but thankfully it's something that can be addressed. Extra cuddles when you see her I think!!!

Advertisement