Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doggy Day Care

Options
  • 17-05-2010 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if it's an unusual thing or not... but I'm looking for a type of doggy day care service for 2 medium sized dogs, mid- week, for about 2 weeks (around Dublin).
    I have seen some places online, but I don't know any one that has used places like these, so have no idea what I'm looking for.
    I live in South Dublin area, and travel into Dublin 8 every morning... I wouldn't mind going out of the way to leave my dogs somewhere I was happy with.

Any advice at all would be appreciated!!!

Lisa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CreedonsDogDayc

everyone will recommend www.dogtrainingireland.ie to you if your in Dub, or else try www.muttugly.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭mollymascara

Have you considered a dog sitter? They come to your home and look after the pets in their own home, some include regular walking, feeding, and some even training :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

liliq wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's an unusual thing or not... but I'm looking for a type of doggy day care service for 2 medium sized dogs, mid- week, for about 2 weeks (around Dublin).
    I have seen some places online, but I don't know any one that has used places like these, so have no idea what I'm looking for.
    I live in South Dublin area, and travel into Dublin 8 every morning... I wouldn't mind going out of the way to leave my dogs somewhere I was happy with.

Any advice at all would be appreciated!!!

Lisa

Hi Lisa...

have you tried www.walkies.ie... he name is Rhona, I use her as a do walker, twice per week.... she picks up our cocker around 11am, collects other dogs too (which is great as he LOVES other dogs).. the brings them on a 2 hour walk, drop him back mid afternoon, leaves him in his bed and when i get home, he's a happy a larry :D

Or you could try http://www.yuppiepuppie.ie/ her name is barbara she minds dogs in her house.. thsi is where we leave our guy when we go on holidays... she does day care too.... our guy hates usually kenells ie being left alone most of the day... so i can highly recommend the above two people :D

Best of Luck....

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Eibhin

I might be able to help you out. I will PM you my details!

Eibhin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 puppypower

DOG TRAINING IRELAND ARE FANTASTIC. I TOOK MY DOG THERE A FEW WKS AGO AND HE HAD A BALL. HE WAS EXHAUSTED COMING HOME :D THEY ARE IN BLANCHARDS TOWN. A GIRL IN RAHENY DOES A GOOD JOB ALSO WWW.ALLDOGSGREATANDSMALL.IE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 bunty2008

Lisa - How did you get on with this?

I am considering day care for my dog, but struggling to find a good solution.

I live in Dublin 8 and travel to Citywest each morning. Since I also have a baby to get to a creche, I can't really venture beyond this route.

I want to be able to leave him somewhere where he will have company and a bit of fun for a day - one or two days a week (depending on costs) just to break the week up for him.

Anyone?

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭C2

Hi Bunty

I've tried a few options but my dog loves going to Mutt Ugly, he practically breaks the door down trying to get in on arrival! Its €15 per day- hes has lots of dogs to play with, gets a walk and is fed. When I pick him up in the evening he falls asleep as soon as he gets in- so he's had a happy active day.

Mutt Ugly are in Charlemont street, Ranelagh and Ringsend.

Hope this helps.

Claire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Hi Bunty,

Sorry I didn't get back to your post sooner!
    I ended up going with a boardsie here, but based outside the areas you've mentioned.
    I've heard a lot of good reports about MuttUgly as C2 and a few others on this thread have mentioned. As far as I remember they have a website that might be worth a look at? And they're only down the end of the South Circular road really, so might be handy enough for you?

Good luck, and hope you find somewhere suitable! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pizza p

Anyone know of anywere in the D3 Or D9 area that minds dogs during office hours,no car so need someone local,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Another +1 for DTI - my guy is up there now in daycare with his buddies! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement