Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dissidia Final Fantasy

Options
  • 14-02-2015 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Now whether or not you consider this a FG is up to yourselves, but I found out about this through Shoryuken and l do love me some FF.

The trailer basically looks like it's a vastly prettier version of the PSP incarnations of Dissida. So far it's only coming out to Arcades, but Squeenix would be mad not to bring to consoles with the massive FF fanbase there is.

Warrior Of Light, Onion Knight, Terra, Cloud, Lightning and Y'shtola are also the featured characters.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

I really liked the PSP version, had some nice elements. Wouldn't call it a fighting game, but maybe the new version will be? We'll see!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I love the PSP games. Pumped a LOT of time into them, so I'll be pretty stoked to play this in the arcade. It looks like it's trying to ride the team based combat train like Dragon Ball: Zenkai Battle Royale and Gundam Vs. that are crazy popular in arcades at the moment here.

My Cloud of Darkness gonna wreck y'all.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz

Macal wrote: »
    So far it's only coming out to Arcades

That seems really weird to me, since so much of the PSP games were about levelling up your character and customising their movset and equipment. Does this mean the arcade game will have one standard version of each character, like a fighting game? Maybe different movesets you can choose from?

Team battle sounds like it could be crazy fun, as long as they don't mess it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Don't let me near it, I had to just give my PSP copy to a mate and tell him to never let me have it back. :pac:

That seems really weird to me, since so much of the PSP games were about levelling up your character and customising their movset and equipment. Does this mean the arcade game will have one standard version of each character, like a fighting game? Maybe different movesets you can choose from?

Team battle sounds like it could be crazy fun, as long as they don't mess it up.

Arcades in Japan are very different from those we've had in Ireland. Now when you play games here you swipe a profile card on the cabinet. In games like Gunslinger Stratos, Gundamn VS and Dragonball Battle Royal you can store character customizations and loadouts on your profile. Dissidia is 100% trying to cash in on those games' audiences because they're mega popular at the moment. They're all 4v4 team battle games too, which is why Dissidia suddenly jumped from 1v1.

• Advertisement

Sairus wrote: »
    Arcades in Japan are very different from those we've had in Ireland. Now when you play games here you swipe a profile card on the cabinet. In games like Gunslinger Stratos, Gundamn VS and Dragonball Battle Royal you can store character customizations and loadouts on your profile. Dissidia is 100% trying to cash in on those games' audiences because they're mega popular at the moment. They're all 4v4 team battle games too, which is why Dissidia suddenly jumped from 1v1.

Oh, okay, I'd heard a little about the profile cards for SF, I didn't realise they could be implemented like that, though. That's pretty cool. Is Dissidia going to be 4v4 or 3v3? I've never seen what one of those team battle games looks like being played, and to me, that seems like a LOT of characters in a game at once. It'll be interesting to see how they make that work without it being really confusing. It'll probably be great fun-shame I'll never get a chance to play it :pac:

Oh, okay, I'd heard a little about the profile cards for SF, I didn't realise they could be implemented like that, though. That's pretty cool. Is Dissidia going to be 4v4 or 3v3? I've never seen what one of those team battle games looks like being played, and to me, that seems like a LOT of characters in a game at once. It'll be interesting to see how they make that work without it being really confusing. It'll probably be great fun-shame I'll never get a chance to play it :pac:

The fighting environments are typically huge, so the action is very manageable, as players usually end up pairing off for one on one fights, generally only teaming up against individuals when it's convenient. Gunslinger Stratos is set in real locations in Japan and stages generally take up a couple of city blocks.

If you've played Dissidia you'll know that a lot of their arenas are already really huge, so that won't be an issue, especially with the way you get fired across the stage in chase attacks.

The fighting environments are typically huge, so the action is very manageable, as players usually end up pairing off for one on one fights, generally only teaming up against individuals when it's convenient...

If you've played Dissidia you'll know that a lot of their arenas are already really huge, so that won't be an issue, especially with the way you get fired across the stage in chase attacks.

Yeah, I can see how that wouldn't be an issue- good point.
    Gunslinger Stratos is set in real locations in Japan and stages generally take up a couple of city blocks.

I've never heard of that, but it sounds pretty cool.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

It's awesome, controllers are 2 guns with analogue sticks for movement and the screen is enormous and beautiful looking. People only ever queue up in teams so I never really felt okay playing it ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

My sick Rinoa is coming.

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    It's awesome, controllers are 2 guns with analogue sticks for movement and the screen is enormous and beautiful looking. People only ever queue up in teams so I never really felt okay playing it ;_;

Okay, I just looked it up on youtube, and it looks pretty deadly. Japanese arcades are amazing :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

so, y'all might be interested who's on the dev team for this now; Team Ninja.

Can't wait for Bathroom and Bedtime DLC so I can main Lighting in a towel.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DannyGriff

The game looks far better in terms of visual compared to the PSP version. Unfortunately I don't have PS4.

I went in to the loctest for a gawk. Alas I did not get to play it as the queue was still massive even at 23:00 and I had to go grab a train home. Even USF4 didn't have substantial lines that late.

However, I did bust out Dissidia 012 for a bit to remind myself how the game played before I went in... and then I unlocked Priche! I didn't even know she was in that game! It's been so long since I've been genuinely surprised by an unlockable character, so that was pretty awesome yo.

Advertisement