Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Professional Master of Education (Modern Languages) in Limerick Question!

Options
  • 12-11-2014 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

So I am going through the process of applying to every possible postgraduate course I am interested in and one I really would like to be a part of is the one in the title ahead.

I am just wanting to ask if anybody could tell me if I need a certain amount of credits in German for this course?

I was told I don't need to have any prior qualification in English as a second language (as it is my first language) but for German, I only have about 24-30 credits from my semesters. Do I need more or is this not relevant?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

To register with the Teaching Council a third of your degree needs to be in the relevant subject and there may be specific subject requirements.

It used to be 30% of the degree which is 54 credits, but that is changing to a third (60 credits) so you are well short at the moment.

It's not really relevant whether or not you'll be accepted on the course, it's whether or not the Teaching Council will recognise you for a subject. You could do the PME and end up qualified to teach English but not German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Oh so I can still do/get in to the course without having all of the necessary credits?

Even then, that would be pretty good because I do plan to move to England after everything and I know that if you get a degree in one subject, you can choose another to pick up later on in your career (Edge Hill told me that)

Thanks so much for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Aragneer wrote: »
    Oh so I can still do/get in to the course without having all of the necessary credits?

Even then, that would be pretty good because I do plan to move to England after everything and I know that if you get a degree in one subject, you can choose another to pick up later on in your career (Edge Hill told me that)

Thanks so much for your help!

No idea. Better check what the UL requirements are , as in will they take you with one subject only. If they do, you would most likely come out qualified as a German teacher. If you are happy with that, then go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Advertisement