Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Weekly speeding camera question

Options
  • 01-11-2007 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Howdy folks!!

Was on the N7 last night, spotted a Garda car pulled in, seemed to have a hand held device of some sort.
    Was doing 120 in a 100 zone, knocked is back to 100 when I spotted them.
    Question is, do they need to stop you there and then, or just take a picture?
    And is was also dark, and there was no flash, just normal road lighting, so can they get a pic in the dark?

I know its been asked a million times before, but any help apreciated.

Peace out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

I guess if its been asked a million times before, you could use the search?

My bet is either that nothing will happen, or you will get a fine.

HTH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 cloono

good bet:)

I did have a look alright, sortof answered my question, but not fully!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

you were probably doing around 110 in reality (speedo can read up to 10% over) and he decided not to bother with you

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

Was he sitting in the car or standing outsite while holding the gun? If he was outside the car most likely he would have stopped you if you were being done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭GTC

If it was a handheld laser gun, you would have been chased down and pulled over for a word while the Garda takes your registration and license details. If it was a mobile GATSO van, it just takes a picture and then it comes in the post.

From your original post, it's obvious your speed wasn't too high, and you weren't chased down for it. No harm.

And by the way, those Tripod things are the same, you still have to chase down the car to issue the ticket, they're very handy for steadying the camera, but awkward if you actually intend to prosecute. They're used more for traffic monitoring rather than dishing out tickets because of this, as the laser gun has to be held really steady to get a reading. They're actually a pain to use

I wouldn't worry about it in your case, OP.

GTC, Garda Traffic Corps

• Advertisement
Advertisement