Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Compressed Air - Out of Order

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Del2005 wrote: »
    They are all roughly the same, if you want to get a proper reading then you'll need to pick up a seperate pressure gauge. But some of the new digital compressors may be accurate.
    Alun wrote: »
    Don't fall into the all too common trap of assuming that just because something's got a digital readout that it's more accurate than something with an analogue readout. It may be more precise but not necessarily more accurate .. two completely different things.

I love the way you took out the section telling the OP that to get a proper reading to buy a seperate pressure gauge and also I said that the digital one MAY be accurate I never said that the digital ones where accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Del2005 wrote: »
    I love the way you took out the section telling the OP that to get a proper reading to buy a separate pressure gauge and also I said that the digital one MAY be accurate I never said that the digital ones where accurate.
    It was more of a general remark than one aimed at anyone's post in particular. No need to feel offended :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I thought htis might be one of the dullest threads EVER....

That was until today when i had to go to 3 different garages to check my pressure....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Alun wrote: »
    It was more of a general remark than one aimed at anyone's post in particular. No need to feel offended :)

Sorry:o

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Lidl have this compressor http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20071105.p.MiniCompressor @€;12.99 next Monday 5/11/07

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I must be lucky; the pressure gauge in my local garage works 99% of the time, and they have a very good water line, rather than using a bucket to fill the water reservoir!!!

Also, if I get them to do a mini valet, they'll also check and replace bulbs, do the tyre pressures, and top up the oil and water if you ask them to when you leave it in, and they'll only charge the cost of the oil/bulbs! That said, it's family owned and run, so the customer service is better than the other, bigger "chain" garages.

Just to take this one step further, what about service stations with no spare bulbs, fuses, etc?

Advertisement