Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

@ Stargate...ha..just saw your post now. Yep,I definitely enjoyed it...had a few small heart attacks but definitely enjoyed it. Even leaving the pub to go back out into the wind and rain I did with a smile on my face.

Beating Stoke is always great.

So good i said it twice lol

ok off to watch MOTD in HD :D

Going to enjoy this :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Looking forward to these highlights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

K-9 wrote: »
    SAS are on track for 50 league goals no bother at this rate. Wonder when that was last done?

It would be unimaginable to have a partnership like that and not finish top 4. For all the complaints about conceding we must be a nightmare to play against, score 3 and still lose!

According to wiki, the original SAS got 49 between them the year Blackburn won the league. As I said though, that was a 42 game season with Shearer ever present and Sutton missing only two games

I think Sturridge's return will be most beneficial in games we don't dominate. It was evident against Chelsea & in particular City, that Suarez was dropping deeper to get more of the ball, leaving us short up top at times. With Sturridge back, we can afford the luxury of having Suarez in a more withdrawn position

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm glad Brendan Rodgers and the team had more belief than I did today. I was sure at 2-2 we were done for. And that's not because I'm a pessimistic person for the sake of it, we've been burned before and it really felt like the same old story, but they turned it around ans I'm still buzzing.

We got lucky a few times today, but even at that, we haven't had luck on our side in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,734 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Goal Suarez

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Stargate wrote: »
    So good i said it twice lol

ok off to watch MOTD in HD :D

Going to enjoy this :cool:

I seem to be having some internet problems this evening so I'll sign off too.

Enjoy the highlights. Can watch them heart attack free now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

The last ten mins of the first half were brainfart territory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

K-9 wrote: »
    SAS are on track for 50 league goals no bother at this rate. Wonder when that was last done?

It would be unimaginable to have a partnership like that and not finish top 4. For all the complaints about conceding we must be a nightmare to play against, score 3 and still lose!

For Liverpool? I don't think the main two goal threats for any Liverpool team ever managed 50 league goals between them in one season.

I know that Kenny and Rush never managed it, and the Aldridge/Beardsley combo never made the 50 league goal mark either.

Would have to do a bit of digging to be sure, but I think Aldridge/Beardsley in their first season with the club was our best one season league goal pairing with 41 league goals between them (Barnes also got 15 league goals that same season)

Rush and Barnes managed 40 league goals between them for the 89/90 season.

Rush and Kenny got 39 between then in 83/84.

Gerrard/Torres managed 35 between them in 07/08.

So Suarez/Sturridge already being on 32 between them as we approach mid January is a bit special, and possible has them on course to be the best ever one season league goal pairing the club has ever had. By my reckoning they need 10 more league goals between them to be the club's best one season league goal pairing.

Remember how good Torres was in his first season. Well Suarez is just two goals from his total away after just 16 games.

I must admit it's a bit surreal this scoring rate of his.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

great win today we must be the most exciting team in the league to watch for the neutrals some great games this year including today, the everton, city and spurs games to name a few have been great to watch. Mainly because as good as we are going forward we are so open defensively. Its seems a long time ago since we started the season with 3 1-0 wins. Our two full backs give me the jitters, I cant believe how poor johnson is playing.
    Suarez apart from his goals his passing was unbelievable today. His pass for sturridge's goal and coutinho's volley in the 1st half were class.

• Advertisement

great win today we must be the most exciting team in the league to watch for the neutrals some great games this year including today, the everton, city and spurs games to name a few have been great to watch. Mainly because as good as we are going forward we are so open defensively. Its seems a long time ago since we started the season with 3 1-0 wins. Our two full backs give me the jitters, I cant believe how poor johnson is playing.
    Suarez apart from his goals his passing was unbelievable today. His pass for sturridge's goal and coutinho's volley in the 1st half were class.

Yeah it hasn't been mentioned too much actually but his passing was superb today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

mike65 wrote: »
    Its really just a question of scoring more goals than are conceded in pretty much every game from here on, yep I think that's how it works :p

Seriously though for all the attacking, a couple more clean sheets wouldn't go amiss - got to try to get the CBs sorted - pick two and just play them until one gets injured. Drop Gerrard when Allen returns - the whole dynamic is so much better which means the opposition is playing further away from the LFC goal than would otherwise be the case. Buy a good CM, a wide man and a full back anyway just to be sure.

Yep, goals win games, if you score more than the opposition you win! :eek:

The settled partnership probably is the key, injuries haven't helped plus Skrtel is in decent form.

Those are the 3 areas we need to upgrade for me as well, a FB that can cover both sides preferably.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

How is the alternative table shaping up these days? I haven't seen it in a while! Could the creator (Morzadec I think) please pop it up when you get a chance, cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Remember how good Torres was in his first season. Well Suarez is just two goals from his total away after just 16 games.

I must admit it's a bit surreal this scoring rate of his.

He is only one goal away from matching his league total for us last season, and we all thought he was just a tad special last season.

Interestingly (or ominously) his form this season so far is starting to resemble that of his last full season with Ajax, and his form last season is very close to his second last full season with Ajax.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Yeah it hasn't been mentioned too much actually but his passing was superb today.
    just seen the pass for sturridge goal again on motd unbelievable. He dererves his few corona's tonight:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

waaaaaaaaaheyyy!!1!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Jaysus if we could sort out the defending we would be real contenders

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Suarez's form and goal scoring rate resembles something from championship/football manager where you'd think to yourself how ridiculous and unrealistic it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Good morning from Australia. Woke up very very hungover and watched the game TWICE.

Had a feeling we'd win as I said earlier but how the fcuk did they even score ?????

Chasing Arsenal for 3rd and that's playing with 9 men because our full backs are awful.

Brendan has got it right. Out score the opposition.

Happy as and now going back to bed to sleep the rest of the hangover off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Oh to have a young Sami in the backs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

Anyone know when Enrique is due back?

He trapped a ball today , that even in the match thread , people were saying how brilliant it was ... his ball control is out of this world in fairness .

We are very lucky to have Luizcitto :D

Kess73 wrote: »
    Would have to do a bit of digging to be sure, but I think Aldridge/Beardsley in their first season with the club was our best one season league goal pairing with 41 league goals between them (Barnes also got 15 league goals that same season)

Cheers for the digging, 56 between those 3 was special, I don't think I've ever seen anything to match them since in England anyway.
    So Suarez/Sturridge already being on 32 between them as we approach mid January is a bit special, and possible has them on course to be the best ever one season league goal pairing the club has ever had. By my reckoning they need 10 more league goals between them to be the club's best one season league goal pairing.

Remarkable achievement, Sturridges goals and everything are obviously great but the telepathic understanding is something else. £12 Million is an absolute snip for the havoc they wreck. The main doubt about Sturridge was his intelligence as a footballer, he's answered those questions and then some.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Who cares how we defend if we score more than concede. Enjoy the ride. It's been ****e for long enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

niallo27 wrote: »
    Who cares how we defend if we score more than concede. Enjoy the ride. It's been ****e for long enough.

Unfortunately that tactic doesn't work V the big boys. Ref City and Chelsea.

I really enjoy our approach but we need to cut out the silly stuff at the back

Kess73 wrote: »
    For Liverpool? I don't think the main two goal threats for any Liverpool team ever managed 50 league goals between them in one season.

I know that Kenny and Rush never managed it, and the Aldridge/Beardsley combo never made the 50 league goal mark either.

Rush and Barnes managed 40 league goals between them for the 89/90 season.

Rush and Kenny got 39 between then in 83/84.

Gerrard/Torres managed 35 between them in 07/08.

What sort of record did Toshack and Keegan have Kess do you know off hand?

ManOnFire wrote: »
    Anyone know when Enrique is due back?

Best bit of business Rodgers will do in this window!

Seriously, I used to give out a fair bit about him but can't wait to see him back. Flanagan did well there, but Enrique will make a big difference to us defensively when he's back.

That and settle on a CB partnership and I think we'll be all right at the back, less heart attacks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Looking at the MOTD highlights, Walters got his goal because Mignolet advanced and simply didn't react in time, instead of getting his mits on the ball it slipped beneath - the yards he moved was the difference between a save and a goal I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Remember when we all said that Suarez wasn't very good at putting the ball in the goals?

Its all he ever does now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

johnson was brutal all season but i think he was disgracefully today.
    He is not shaking himself at all. He has everything technically but just lacks attitude and concentration, which are the two things you should expect from someone picking up the wages he is on. Is there something going on in the background in his personal life?
    Cissokho had his work cut out with little or no support from countinho...we need to get flanagan/enrique back fairly sharpish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement