Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours - 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

Here we are:

'Can you imagine team without Cesc?'

'Good to receive offers, means they are playing well. Spoke to Cesc, he wants to win titles w Barça.'

That would be a no sale so?

Although not a 'He's not for sale' stance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 54s
    Fabregas staying at Barcelona. Vilanova: "I know he received offers, but I spoke with him and he told me expressively he wants to stay"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Fanny Biscuit

@English_AS Can you imagine team without Cesc? Good to receive offers, means they are playing well. Spoke to Cesc, he wants to win titles w Barça.

@tancredipalmeri
    Fabregas staying at Barcelona. Vilanova: "I know he received offers, but I spoke with him and he told me expressively he wants to stay"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Tito said he spoke to Cesc and he said he wants to stay at Barca.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Does Tito need to see some offers made for Messi to know that he has been playing well too i wonder:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

I don't think any of us saw that coming! :pac:

Right, Fellaini, get your coat son, you've pulled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Shock horror.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I expected him to say ''We've spoke to him, he says he wants to leave, so we're hopefully going to negotiate some sort of swap deal for Macheda and Tom Cleverly to replace him'' :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Thiago
    Strootman
    Fabregas
    Fellaini

46 days to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,621 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

50m and barca will force him out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Modric maybe?

Headshot wrote: »
    50m and barca will force him out

With a pitch fork.

I think it's interesting that they didn't say 'he's not for sale' though. They said he wants to stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,621 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Lads I'm on top of a very tall building, Will I jump, or will it all be ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

I could be clutching at straws but could Tito's hand be forced to sell? Barca seem in some trouble on the books and could the trustees force the sale? im finding it really strange that the club fired out an official bid without some inkling of its potential. This isnt Harchester United where Jerry Block would attempt to sign Didier Baptiste just to appease the fans without any chance of it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

GSPfan wrote: »
    Lads I'm on top of a very tall building, Will I jump, or will it all be ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

ElChe32 wrote: »
    I'm no longer letting myself get all swept up in transfer gossip till I see the player holding up the jersey beside Moyes. I'm getting too old for this shít! :D

I was just thinking the same thing, and then i saw the next post about nani signing a contract and started searching for that:( ... I lasted all of about 5 seconds..

Jerry was a cunning bloke though who made some stellar signings in fairness, a modern day Levy. Signings like Luis Amor Rodriguez are just unheard of day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

To be honest if our team bus blew up and all our midfielders were dead we still wouldn't sign replacements.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Pienaar or Osman?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Pienaar or Osman?

Gibson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Tito is hardly going to come out and say he wants to leave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

This. While its longshot he was hardly going say he was going to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The one thing I am absolutely overjoyed about so far in this transfer window is that Chelsea and City can no longer wave their oil-back cheque books to get the very best players. Monaco and PSG are blowing them completely out of the water in that regard. Last year, you'd put your money on the likes of Cavani and Falcao ending up in England. Now, they cannot compete.

Delighted.

Yep. I've always maintained that one sure fire way to limit the vast spending power of City and Chelsea is for every single club to be owned by generous billionaires. Unlimited funds is their competitive advantage and if everyone has access to unlimited funds, they lose their edge. Having 2 such teams in France - a fairly uncompetitive league Europe wise - is a great start at eroding the spending power of City and Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Fanny Biscuit

I'm sure if someone offers 35M they will consider it. Man City, Chelsea may force Manutd hand to up their current offer unless Barcelona are willing to negotiate a deal, something i doubt. They have bought Neymar and badly need a CB, something that won't be cheap. Not sure who else they may target with Silva staying at PSG?

Interesting the contrast between Tito's response to Fabregas rumours and Moyes' response to Rooney rumours.

Tito says Fabregas has told him he wants to stay.

Moyes says Rooney is not for sale and is categorically playing well. :pac:

Hmm... I wonder who is more likely to leave this summer...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

The fact that there are now 4 teams involved does seem to me to suggest that Barca were trying to flush out other offers by publicising Utd's bid.

And I think the RVP factor means Fabregas would choose Utd over the rest of them.

Arsenal don't appear to want him and going back to Arsenal would be like a backwards step, whereas a move to Utd could at least be spun as a sideways step.

Chelsea don't need him with Schurrle, Ramires, Moses, Oscar, Hazard, Lampard, Mikel and Mata.

Given a choice between us and City, I think the chance to play with RVP and considering the stability of Utd, and the Fabregas-size hole in our midfield, I think he would prefer us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement