Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 23 - League & Cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭crisco10

eoferrall wrote: »
    turns out I forgot the WNWIM botton. i'm so getting relegated in the league now. :(

Are you going for the most accidental cup run ever?

See you are home against a Div 3 team in next round...great chance to get to Semi-Final; if you want to of course! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

crisco10 wrote: »
    Are you going for the most accidental cup run ever?

See you are home against a Div 3 team in next round...great chance to get to Semi-Final; if you want to of course! :-)

yeah saw that! it's mad, the last two round prior to last night I played reserves and WNIWM trying to lose... and won

last night didn't get home on Tuesday from work until late and then set team on phone, but either I didn't save or didn't select WNWIM.

Either way I have accidently wandered into the last 8!

reminds me of a cup run in the club I play with. got to the final without winning a match.

by in round 1, next round team forfeited as didn't have sufficient players, next round lost, but opposition acutally fielded ineligible players and so we replaced them in the final!! mad funny!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

Good luck with your quarter final cup game...I was hoping you'd send out your reserves and give up on the cup...but no no ..you had to go all guns blazing :rolleyes:

anyways, you'll make more from a good cup run (in extra revenue) than coming 6th instead of 7th

Jonnypwilson, I have moved your posts to here as that is the master thread for all the Q and A's and thus better suited

Cup match tonight, have a 6 star advantage. this is getting a bit silly that I can WNWIM and potentially win again. maybe I will give up on the league completely and got for the cup.

haven't even full lineup out.

Never get a shot like this again:p

match here if anyone interested! http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/tools.live.scoring.php#fixture=12957761

• Advertisement

Go Everybody likes a tryer...well won & well deserved Semi Final. Unfortunate to draw Louisburgh...but you never know :rolleyes:

Nice one! Out of interest, bar the one (accidental) normal, have you WNWIM every game in your cup run?

I remember I got to the semi in S16, but I think I LTNT 2 or 3 times to do it!

Nice one! Out of interest, bar the one (accidental) normal, have you WNWIM every game in your cup run?

I remember I got to the semi in S16, but I think I LTNT 2 or 3 times to do it!

yeah - there was a normal against a bot as forgot about it. but no LTNT's. been WNWIM for most of them. so yeah would have been WNWIM other than two accidental normals.

the only one I probably would have lost is against daheff tbh.

the only one I probably would have lost is against daheff tbh.
    Dunno about that...most of our games have been tight enough...I reckon it'd be interesting to have a game at same intensity on a neutral ground

Good Luck to ELAT tonight in the semi final of the cup...stars dont look to be in your favour, but heres hoping!!

• Advertisement

daheff wrote: »
    Good Luck to ELAT tonight in the semi final of the cup...stars dont look to be in your favour, but heres hoping!!

Cheers - should have given you my log ins! forgot to set my team. was planning on sending out reserves. didn't even manage to hit WNWIM!:rolleyes:

Cheers - should have given you my log ins! forgot to set my team. was planning on sending out reserves. didn't even manage to hit WNWIM!:rolleyes:

Oh well, finish how you went on!

3 games to go and all to play for in Div 2.1...2nd -> 5th separated by 8 points and 6th to 8th separated by 4 points.

CSDS, ELAT and Bogwarriors all have Monivea to play but won't be playing each other. A real case of pick the battles and hope the rest falls your way!

2nd to 5th could fall any way....not sure which way to go about it!

Oh well, finish how you went on!

3 games to go and all to play for in Div 2.1...2nd -> 5th separated by 8 points and 6th to 8th separated by 4 points.

CSDS, ELAT and Bogwarriors all have Monivea to play but won't be playing each other. A real case of pick the battles and hope the rest falls your way!

2nd to 5th could fall any way....not sure which way to go about it!

That's how I thought - sure forgetting about it got me so far why not continue!:pac:

I'm screwed in the league, lost to Bogwarriors last week and was hoping for a win which would have secured bogwarriers I reckon to the last spot and put me right up there with CSDS, alas I forgot about it:o

think it is nearly time for me to give up on this as I barely devote an hour a week to it these days and can see me just bouncing between div II and III

think it is nearly time for me to give up on this as I barely devote an hour a week to it these days and can see me just bouncing between div II and III

to be fair...i see quite a few of the BR crew have done the same...so i reckon if i keep plugging away eventually :eek: i might get to Div 1!!

As for Div 2.1 this season...its anybodys...just coz GH is walking away with the division doesnt mean he will walk away with the playoffs (just look at Dread0s last season)...it just nobody is taking him on!

As for hitting the playoffs...2-5 are very tight...realistically MWSG are there...and its between FRF, Tralee and KOTG. KOTG play Tralee, then FR then ELAT..all three teams have something to play for....but as Tralee seem to barely there...thats probably the game that will decide which of those 2 go to the playoffs. Not saying FRF are guaranteed a playoff either...games against Bogwarriors & MWSG (as well as KOTG) will involve at least one slip up too!

For relegation...well thats a doozy..4 points seperating the bottom 3. All 3 play Monivea and 2 of them play Tralee...somebodys going to be pulling the LTNT in the last few games to stay up!!

its a very interesting league this year.

Just think you'd miss all this if you left BR Eoferrall

Just think you'd miss all this if you left BR Eoferrall

I actually would miss it! I got into this when doing exams so had lots of free time (:pac:) to study players and what positions etc. but now between not getting on the site in work and stuff in the evenings it has fallen way down the peaking order.

I fund Div III too easy as in I don't do anything and top the league, Div II frustrates me because one slip and I am bottom of the table and I don't have time to be studying the teams each weak for tactics.

was so much simpler back in the day with the standard tactics!!

I'll keep plugging away yet for another season or two - not exactly expensive. Christmas coming up now timed nicely for end of season so might be able to pull a rabbit out!:cool:

Well then 1st to 4th is settled in our league (barring a calamity), and wouldn't ya know it I drew bloody Monivea...might as well comeback after xmas for the 3rd \4th place playoff

Well then 1st to 4th is settled in our league (barring a calamity), and wouldn't ya know it I drew bloody Monivea...might as well comeback after xmas for the 3rd \4th place playoff

i'm off to vegetate in Div III for another season!

i'm off to vegetate in Div III for another season!

the good thing about Div III is that you can go for a cup run and train some young lads & let them play every week.

the good thing about Div III is that you can go for a cup run and train some young lads & let them play every week.

did my cup run in Div II :o :P

yeah I'll have to work on squad, it's ageing and holes to be filled as soon some key players are gonzo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

A team ahead of me went bot so I make my first ever division 3 semi final :cool:
    Going to lose but who cares

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭morgan62

A team ahead of me went bot so I make my first ever division 3 semi final :cool:
    Going to lose but who cares
    Ye hoping for the same

How dud everyone get on the night? I beat the best team eith an inactive manager on normal to make my first div 3 final have no chance but oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

morgan62 wrote: »
    How dud everyone get on the night? I beat the best team eith an inactive manager on normal to make my first div 3 final have no chance but oh well

I tnt'd in de hope of getting into an auto promotion spot...didn't work out...have to hope for a few more teams to go bot or a favourable promotion playoff draw.

Does the winner of de final(regardless of league position) get promoted in front of the looser...iykwim

Yes its the einner of the dinal that either promotes automatically or enters a plsyoff

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Might still have a hope so

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Coybib_com

Biggest game in my clubs history coming up. A 3rd division final, I've been to three before, but this is the first time I come into the final as the top place team (and thus at home) and the first time I play a team I have a realistic chance of winning against.

My opposition has a better CSR squad than me, but I've played him twice and beaten him twice with more or less the same team he's using now, so unless he's drastically changed his tactics, I'm very hopeful of getting the title.

I still wont promote though. I was border line below the auto-promote in rankings, but on the final day I put out a string of reserves to save energy for the play-offs and lost to a lower team in the league (I thought I might still win it, even with the reserves out), shattering any promotion hopes and leaving me in a low enough spot that any potential promotion play-off team will more than likely be far too strong for me.

Not a bad thing though, as I'm nowhere near ready for Division Two, but it would be nice to cement top spot in my league and give myself a good chance of going up when I am ready, and the million bucks will go a long way towards getting me ready for that challenge and the prospect of getting that sort of cash in the next season or two if I can hold top spot. (although two other very strong teams in my league will have other plans, particularly Halibuts who are on a big upswing with a young squad getting better by the game. He messed up his semi-final, but I didn't fancy beating him if he was in the final against me).

Best of luck to everybody who's playing a final later (except my opponents cool breeze! :p) and I hope the boardsie stranglehold on Blackout Rugby tightens!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭westman1

got screwed 48-14 in my first div.3 final didn't expect much else:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Well done Jackass/coybib on the division 3 title. Hope you can get promotion in the playoff...
    I got hammered by Halibuts in bronze final

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Coybib_com

Well done Jackass/coybib on the division 3 title. Hope you can get promotion in the playoff...
    I got hammered by Halibuts in bronze final

Thanks buddy! I've been surprised at Cool Breeze this season, he has a high CSR squad but seems to get picked off by lower CSR teams. I think Halibuts are actually the best team in the league, I was lucky they underestimated the semi-final as I'm not sure I would have beaten him in the final.

I'm fairly sure I wont get promotion, I'm playing High Voltage but I'll give it a shot! If I do, it would be a massacre in division 2, but good experience, my first season in division 3 was a massacre too when I first went up.

I'd say at least third would be a reasonable ambition for you next season. I'd definitely target Cool Breeze, see what happens!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Two seasons in a row division 1 champ, this was a really nice one to win after my main rival did some serious purchasing mid season to get his first 15 average CSR above 300K. Considering how close we have always been I thought this extra bit of quality would push him ahead but somehow I managed to destroy him 35-0, he sent me a nice may the best man win msg pre game (but we all know it was a haha look at my star advantage I have you sunshine) he hasn't responded to my unlucky old son response post game msg.

Now time to move back to Ireland and rebuild my squad in the lower divisions

Advertisement