Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hampers & Roses scratchcard....what is in the "Hamper" ?

Options
  • 23-10-2010 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭

Won a hamper today on one of these scratch cards, The fella in the shop told me there is lots of items in the hamper...checked lotto.ie and as per the usual Irish way there is no details of what is in it :rolleyes:

has anyone won one of these? and if so what is in it?

Thanks

Alan

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Wine, chocolates, otherwise luxury foodstuff rather than just basic food items.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Ham per
    It's obviously a cross between a pamper and ham so i'd say a nappy stuffed with ham. Yummie!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭sonic85

pity its not a hamper full of money. would be much better than sh*t food you might never eat

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

What happens when you get Roses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Ciaramb92

You get... A box of Roses..! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

its valentines day, or a funeral.....

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Shite scratch card to be honest.

all of them are pretty sh*te. ive never heard of anyone actually winning anything worthwhile on a scratchcard. ie. more than a tenner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Most I have won is 200 euro, won 50 euro once too and 25 euro a few times. Though I am sure I lost most of it again on cards that have no winner :P I do it once a week cos its fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

Limericks wrote: »
    Most I have won is 200 euro, won 50 euro once too and 25 euro a few times. Though I am sure I lost most of it again on cards that have no winner :P I do it once a week cos its fun :)

i'v won a few 50's in my time myself, well worth the punt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

We won one last year, it was great, theres was loads in it. Can't remember exactly what was in it (though we did make a list so I'll take a look and post again later if I find it) but amongst other things there was
    - one bottle of wine
    - one bottle of whiskey
    -one bottle of brandy
    -boxs of sweets
    -packs of biscuits
    -snacks and crisps (pringles I think)
    - jelly, custard etc

and a cheque for €200 (its meant to cover the cost of the turkey/ham since they can't post them). They don't dispatch the hampers til December so you won't receive it for a while

Limericks wrote: »
    Though I am sure I lost most of it again on cards that have no winner :p

yeah thats what my auld lad does! why win money and then blow it straight away?! makes no sense to me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Won 50 euros a few months ago on a scratchcard. It was great coz i was broke.:D

Didn't collect the money though. Ripped it up & threw in the bin.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

We won one last year, it was great, theres was loads in it. Can't remember exactly what was in it (though we did make a list so I'll take a look and post again later if I find it) but amongst other things there was
    - one bottle of wine
    - one bottle of whiskey
    -one bottle of brandy
    -boxs of sweets
    -packs of biscuits
    -snacks and crisps (pringles I think)
    - jelly, custard etc

and a cheque for €200 (its meant to cover the cost of the turkey/ham since they can't post them). They don't dispatch the hampers til December so you won't receive it for a while

super, thanks for taking the time to write me out that list, your a gent :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Shite scratch card to be honest.

I won €200 worth of All-in-One vouchers (4 €50 vouchers) in a Hampers & Roses scratchcard a few years ago. So I don't think they're shíte! :p

Besides, I like it when they come out. Another sign that Christmas is coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

super, thanks for taking the time to write me out that list, your a gent :)

A lady if you don't mind, but no bother :). No sign of the list I'm afraid. We were just talking about the hamper here at home. Don't think there was a bottle of whiskey after all, but there was also a bottle of coke and orange, a small christmas cake and pudding, mince pies and a selection box as well as the rest. Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭celtic Liger

As someone who used to sell all these scratch cards on a daily basis i can confirm that they are almost as silly as the lotto itself.

not sure on the chance of winning but they say it's 1 in 12 or similar, but this more often then not results in a free card to €10 (which 90% of the time goes straight back into more tickets). very rarely did anyone come in with something larger. the funny side to it all was when certain scratch addicts would come in, buy a few and exit. come back 5 minutes later, same again but this time they "were for a friend" ... "thanks, but I didn't ask"

it's one thing your local shopkeeper will tell you has improved during the recession. in fact, I'd go so far as to say more people are buying scratch cards and lotto tickets now, then ever.

Advertisement