Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stupid things that happen to you or others on holidays?

• 23-10-2010 4:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭

Just bored here so I need to know any stupid or funny story's from you or others while on holidays to cheer me up:pac: Here is my input>

A few years ago we went over to Salau in Spain and stayed at a hotel, it was all inclusive so you can get your dinner and breakfast there. Anyway for the first 2 days my father was eating this white soup for his dinner, bowls of the stuff, absolutely loved it! Then an English chap came up to him and said it was sauce not soup. He felt very sick after it...

Three years ago in Benidorm, me and some of my mates went over and we went to this dance club. There was this sexy dancer girl dancing around us, then she then came behind me and put her dress over me. I had braces on and what ever way it got in my braces and I had to remove it. I must have looked like I was trying to get inside her, I was a laughing stock! To make it worse she wasn't a sexy women but a man instead:eek: Ran out of the place!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I once saw a duck. It was deadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Im starving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

I once saw a duck. It was deadly.

Was it duckin deadly?

Robocop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Plug wrote: »
    Just bored here so I need to know any stupid or funny story's from you or others while on holidays to cheer me up:pac: Here is my input>

A few years ago we went over to Salau in Spain and stayed at a hotel, it was all inclusive so you can get your dinner and breakfast there. Anyway for the first 2 days my father was eating this white soup for his dinner, bowls of the stuff, absolutely loved it! Then an English chap came up to him and said it was sauce not soup. He felt very sick after it...

Three years ago in Benidorm, me and some of my mates went over and we went to this dance club. There was this sexy dancer girl dancing around us, then she then came behind me and put her dress over me. I had braces on and what ever way it got in my braces and I had to remove it. I must have looked like I was trying to get inside her, I was a laughing stock! To make it worse she wasn't a sexy women but a man instead:eek: Ran out of the place!

Cool story, bro!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

Was it duckin deadly?

Good quack was had by all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

guess you had to be there

This thread is on its last legs, someone put it in the recovery postion & give it 20cc's of a better topic.

charging - CLEAR - Bzzzzzzzzz.... No responce. Charging - CLEAR - bzzzzzzz......... beep beep beep beep beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee____________

Its gone.:(

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

One time I went on holiday and then when it was over I came back. It was good. The end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

This thread is on its last legs, someone put it in the recovery postion & give it 20cc's of a better topic.

charging - CLEAR - Bzzzzzzzzz.... No responce. Charging - CLEAR - bzzzzzzz......... beep beep beep beep beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee____________

Its gone.:(

RIP

___/\__/\_____/\___/\_______/\________/\_______________/\_________________

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

On a trip to Warsaw a couple of years ago, I was exploring Łazienki Park by myself, and came to a little building near the southern edge. There were other people milling around so I wandered in to see what it was. It turned out to be a museum of the Polish Boy Scouts. Once I was inside, the doors were closed and I spent the next hour pretending to understand what the guide was saying as he led the group on a full tour of the exhibits, none of which I understood either. I couldn't get out because the door looked complicated and I didn't have the Polish to ask, so I just acted really engrossed. When the tour finally ended and the doors were opened, I vanished before anyone figured out I hadn't paid, and avoided Łazienki for the rest of my stay.

Apologies to everyone who was expecting something more lewd about half way through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Cavity searches. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

Dunjohn wrote: »
    On a trip to Warsaw a couple of years ago, I was exploring Łazienki Park by myself, and came to a little building near the southern edge. There were other people milling around so I wandered in to see what it was. It turned out to be a museum of the Polish Boy Scouts. Once I was inside, the doors were closed and I spent the next hour pretending to understand what the guide was saying as he led the group on a full tour of the exhibits, none of which I understood either. I couldn't get out because the door looked complicated and I didn't have the Polish to ask, so I just acted really engrossed. When the tour finally ended and the doors were opened, I vanished before anyone figured out I hadn't paid, and avoided Łazienki for the rest of my stay.

Apologies to everyone who was expecting something more lewd about half way through.

oh nooooo!!! Im going to Krakow next summer.........expect more similar stories to yours!!!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Well there was this one time, at Band Camp.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

A holiday in Rome 4 years ago.

The husband was in whingey mode "ah s**t why didn't I bring my runners with me f**k sake etc etc whinge whinge" So positive moi suggested we go find a sports shop, you never know maybe one of them stock size 13 (yes really - he has the most massive ugly feet!)

And we found one, really easily seeing as Rome is a major city. And...they had size 13 or whatever its European equivalent is. So the really nice and helpful assistant brought out a lovely pair of white Mizunos (they looked like a pair of Irish Ferries Vessels) and he tried them on.

Lovely Italian sales assistant asked him if they were for running. My husband having no patience or Italian said "yes, for running" (he is a 40 a day smoker and wouldn't run the length of himself) so next thing there is a video camera set up, and my husband is told to run up and down the shop for what must have been a gait analysis.

And he ran up and down the shop while the very polite professional assistant videoed him and played it back and said the runners were suitable etc.

We paid, promptly left and I nearly cried laughing! Poor man was out of breath for 10 mins after. He still has the runners too!:D

Advertisement