Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Postgrad Loan

Options
  • 27-08-2015 6:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39

Hey guys,

Just wanting to know if anyone got a BOI PostGrad loan before and how tough it is to get one?

I dont have an a/c with them so I would open one up, my parents have an a/c though so I could get them to co-sign.

I would be looking at getting around 2-3 thousand, how much roughly would my parents need to have in their bank a/c for me to be accepted?

Do they still let you defer for a year until you have finished the course?

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

PaulRyan17 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Just wanting to know if anyone got a BOI PostGrad loan before and how tough it is to get one?

I dont have an a/c with them so I would open one up, my parents have an a/c though so I could get them to co-sign.

I would be looking at getting around 2-3 thousand, how much roughly would my parents need to have in their bank a/c for me to be accepted?

Do they still let you defer for a year until you have finished the course?

Thank you

Hi PaulRyan17,

Just saw your post here and thought we could offer some more information on this.

With our Post Graduate Loan, you can apply for up to €7,500 and when you choose to repay it monthly, it’s possible to defer the first 12 months of repayments. For more information on our Post Graduate Loan, please see here.
    If you would like to speak with one of our Lending advisors, we would be happy to arrange a call to you and they can go through the application with you. Please just send us a PM by clicking on the link in my signature below if you’d like us to do this.

As you mention, it's necessary to have a Current account with us to apply for this type of loan. Please see here for more info on opening an account with us.

If you need help with anything else just let us know, we also have a Talk to Forum here on Boards.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

MOD-NOTE: BOI rep asked for permission before posting, so all is well.

Advertisement