Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

04 Micra Instrument Cluster & Mileage (Replacment)

Options
  • 21-03-2014 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

So the left Indicator dash light has stopped working. I've swapped around the bulbs so I know its not that. I've spoken to a Nissan mechanic who said its a common enough issue and the cluster needs to be replaced.

I can get a 2nd hand one easy enough but my only concern is the mileage. All the ones I seen quote the mileage on the replacement but as its a digital read out I'm assuming its stored in the ECU or somewhere else?

When I replace the it will the mileage just display as before?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Daniogroove

So the left Indicator dash light has stopped working. I've swapped around the bulbs so I know its not that. I've spoken to a Nissan mechanic who said its a common enough issue and the cluster needs to be replaced.

I can get a 2nd hand one easy enough but my only concern is the mileage. All the ones I seen quote the mileage on the replacement but as its a digital read out I'm assuming its stored in the ECU or somewhere else?

Thanks.

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 13,526 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Just try. :)

joujoujou wrote: »
    Just try. :)

Thanks but I was looking something for a little more concrete

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

the mileage of the replacement gauges will show up, not the mileage belonging to your car. i had to replace the gauges in my k12 micra before and i can't for the life of me remember why, but that's what happens.

i have a set of gauges around the garage somewhere with approx 75k miles if they are of any use to you, you can have them.

the mileage of the replacement gauges will show up, not the mileage belonging to your car. i had to replace the gauges in my k12 micra before and i can't for the life of me remember why, but that's what happens.

i have a set of gauges around the garage somewhere with approx 75k miles if they are of any use to you, you can have them.

Thanks mate but seemingly enough I can fix that bit thats wrong with mine, hence the replacement. Even I got yours I probably couldn't swap out the faulty bit on yours with mine..
    Big thanks for the offer and the advice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Waterson

I'm sure the dealer level diagnostic hardware would have the ability to change the mileage for you. Wouldn't harm to give them a bell and enquire?

Waterson wrote: »
    I'm sure the dealer level diagnostic hardware would have the ability to change the mileage for you. Wouldn't harm to give them a bell and enquire?

I've got a replacement part on the way and already been speaking to my mechanic/car electrician. The mileage will need to be changed alright but he maintains he can do it, no need for a dealer so happy days!

Advertisement