Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

got a strange email from muppet

• 10-12-2003 1:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

root@muppet.boards.ie

when i open it

Subject: No Subject
    Date: Unknown

i think you were trying to forge an email dude, but couldn't quite make it, or some a**hole forged mappet's email

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

check the mail header
    anyone can put anything they want in the FROM or REPLY TO when setting up an email account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭The Second

'muppet' being the key word

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

If you want us to check this out, then forward me the mail with full headers to jerry@boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

how to see the header? i click "view source"

and i only get:

Delivered-To: shell22@nix.org

nothing else

somebody did a good job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

What mail package are you using?

(View->Options for Outlook)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

Sounds to me like you are using Outlook Express.

If so right click on the mail and select properties - you will see the full mail header under the Details Tab.

i don't use a client, my email doesn't support pop3/smtp, i don't think there are any free pop3/smtp mails left on the net

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Check with the Admins , sounds like a message from them .

When I signed up for supporters pack I got a message from the same sender ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

There might be a setting in the options on your page to display the headers. Yahoo allows this but it's buried away in the universal options. Yours might be similar

(incidentally, pop3 still works fine with @yahoo.ie and @yahoo.co.uk addresses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

Originally posted by CyberGhost
    i don't use a client, my email doesn't support pop3/smtp, i don't think there are any free pop3/smtp mails left on the net

Online.ie mail. Free, homegrown, pop3, lots of storage (20MB I think) and you can probably still get your own name. Also seems to be relatively immune to the spam that overwhelms hotmail accounts

• Advertisement

When I signed up for supporters pack I got a message from the same sender ...

what's a supporter pack? i don't remember signing up for any packs

well the email wasn't abusive or threatning so i'll just let it go
    There might be a setting in the options on your page to display the headers. Yahoo allows this but it's buried away in the universal options. Yours might be similar

thanks mate, but i think my email doesn't have that option, i'll still look in the options but i'm pretty sure it's not available

Thanks for the emails guys! using a client is very convenient

Advertisement