Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Green card lottery pop ups

• 27-11-2003 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭

Been getting these at random whilst surfing. I am also getting my connection trying to dial out when off line.

I ran ad-aware and spy bot but these turned up nothing. Any suggestions?

James

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Quit going to those stupid sites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Any helpful advice would be appreciated.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

messanger service ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Serbian

I was getting them too even though I have a personal firewall installed. I stopped the messenger service in Windows, but I know this isn't really the answer. This will just stop you seeing the message. Since I started using a router the port scans seem to have stopped (I don't get alerts about them anymore anyway).

As for the dialling out, have you got up to date virus software and run a full scan? There could be trojan on your computer or some other virus that is looking to reach the internet.

You could also try the Symantec Security Check to see if there are any blatent vulberabilities in your computer.

Advertisement