Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evening Course - Mature Student - Working

Options
  • 31-08-2015 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm wondering if there's any aid I can get to fund a course I want to do in the evenings (Diploma). I'm working full-time now but most of my money is gone on rent (earning under 25,000) and the rent is crippling me. More than half of my monthly income goes on rent for two.

I don't have any good qualifications and I figure I need to do this course to get a job. My current contract runs out in 2 months but I think I'll need to find a new job.

I know I might get tax relief but I'm trying here to see if there's anything else I can do, any aid I can avail of to help me through. The course I'm looking at is 1,795 or thereabouts. It would take me a very long time to save that and with bills etc, it would almost be impossible. I dont have a credit union... Maybe I can borrow from a bank?

Sorry, if I come across as greedy (given I have a job) but I feel like I don't earn enough to save for my course and I'm not jobless enough to avail of some grants. I kind of feel stuck in the middle.

Any suggestions will be welcome.

Thanks for reading!

Advertisement