Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Norton Anti-virus 2004

Options
  • 11-12-2003 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Besides the updated DAT files and considerable cosmetics..

is there any other new feature/s that make it stand out from norton 2003?

Anyone try it out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Activation .
    Hardly a feature that would make you want to try it but still its a new feature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

/me despises norton products 'cept ghost perhaps

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

now lets be fair the original Norton Utilities were the biz, but that was back in the 80's

Ghost is still the best cloner for NTFS partitions - but the licensing means you need one license per machine uses a drive that has been cloned..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

Well tis true on the DOS stuff but come on having tried the 2004 suite i shudder heaven forbid I utter the words bloat-ware :p

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

There's now detection/removal for Adware/Spyware programs under the Expanded Threat categorisation, and they've incorporated unpacking support into the engine. It's worth the ungrade for the unpacking support alone.

Activation is kinda annoying though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭somano

..................I am still waiting for free software from IOLBB 6 weeks later !:confused:

Advertisement